Husky Liners X-ACT CONTOUR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I ordered a full set of Husky X-act Contour liners for my Yukon XL.

The fronts are just about perfect; Truly an awesome product.

The second row was backordered. About a week after my order arrived a Husky representative notified me that the second row liner was not meeting their fitment expectations and were going to be redesigning the mold (or something similar). It would be about 4 weeks until the second row liner went back into production. Husky offered to pay my return shipping and and take back my entire set if I wanted to go a different route.

The third row binded, kinked, and bunched among it’s rear most lip to the point where it was beginning to crack only after 1 week of use. For this reason I opted to return the third row, but retain the fronts. The fronts are just too damn good to let go of.

So, I ordered WeatherTechs for the second and third row. Which fit pretty well, but are quite thin and are slick on the bottom so the shift around quite a bit (I have 4 small kids getting in and out). I’m not super stoked overall with the WTs, but they’ll do the trick for now.

Just wanted to update as the fitment you disliked in the second row from Husky may be resolved soon. Worth an email or phone inquiry to those who wish to give them a go.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave, I think I would send the WT back and wait for the second row from Husky or check the return policy from WT and keep them as long as possible and maybe the Husky will be released. That way you get a good quality mat that you paid your hard earned money for. You may want to look at the GM 3rd row and see if that would work for you.

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
That’s solid advice, but the WeatherTech return policy WeatherTech lists is pretty weak - new/unused condition only. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were more flexible if I contacted them about it.

Some strategic hook & loop tape might be enough to remedy my complaint.

nj16yukon

Reaction score
That’s solid advice, but the WeatherTech return policy WeatherTech lists is pretty weak - new/unused condition only. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were more flexible if I contacted them about it.

Some strategic hook & loop tape might be enough to remedy my complaint.

Do you have the Weathertech 1-piece for 2nd and 3rd rows? I can't imagine that setup sliding around. I have it in my XL and it's really locked in place. Great setup with kids since it's a continuous surface between rows.

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
Do you have the Weathertech 1-piece for 2nd and 3rd rows? I can't imagine that setup sliding around. I have it in my XL and it's really locked in place. Great setup with kids since it's a continuous surface between rows.

My XL has a bench second row and I have the 1-piece second and third row liners. The third row is pretty solid; not much movement. It’s the second row that’s pretty shifty due to the slick bottom. I’m talking movement within an inch, but opening that rear door and seeing the misalignment between the front and rear liner bugs me is all.

I don’t sit back there and the liners are getting the job done, so it’s all good.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't those husky liners have spikes on the bottom that tear up your carpet??? I use the weathertech 1 piece for the 2nd and 3rd row, they are incredible..

Be careful going to the car wash. Those spikes will rip your leather if you have the perforated seats. They typically just throw the mats on your seats, one catch of those holes and you’ll get a tear in your seat and tear in your eye

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I ordered a full set of Husky X-act Contour liners for my Yukon XL.

The fronts are just about perfect; Truly an awesome product.

The second row was backordered. About a week after my order arrived a Husky representative notified me that the second row liner was not meeting their fitment expectations and were going to be redesigning the mold (or something similar). It would be about 4 weeks until the second row liner went back into production. Husky offered to pay my return shipping and and take back my entire set if I wanted to go a different route.

The third row binded, kinked, and bunched among it’s rear most lip to the point where it was beginning to crack only after 1 week of use. For this reason I opted to return the third row, but retain the fronts. The fronts are just too damn good to let go of.

So, I ordered WeatherTechs for the second and third row. Which fit pretty well, but are quite thin and are slick on the bottom so the shift around quite a bit (I have 4 small kids getting in and out). I’m not super stoked overall with the WTs, but they’ll do the trick for now.

Just wanted to update as the fitment you disliked in the second row from Husky may be resolved soon. Worth an email or phone inquiry to those who wish to give them a go.

I have the Husky liners in my 2007 Sub and they are great. The one in the cargo area has saved me several times from spills of chlorine without a single spot hitting the carpet. I really like the high lip of it.
That said, I am looking into getting a '15+ Sub, Yukon Denali XL or Escalade ESV.
The question is have is since the 3rd row seats are affixed, do any of these mats go underneath them to protect the carpet from the footwell to just under the seat?

My other question is how the cargo area liner works when the 3rd row seats are folded down, since there is an incline based on the wat the cargo area sits when the 3rd row is down?
For those of you who have a Sub or XL/ESV, you know what I am talking about.

TIA

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
The 3rd row liner doesn’t go under the seats as they are on a raised platform.

2018Suburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought and installed the entire set of liners for the wife's suburban. Husky hasn't modified the mold, as the set I received have the same fitment issues you all have stated. I can't believe that they are as bad as they are...and the locations where the 2nd and 3rd row mats mate up, is just as bad...whoever laser scanned that floor failed miserably.

Shadowchaser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for those using the X-ACT Contour model of Husky Liners (or any model) with the 2nd row bucket seat option... Does the 3rd row liner also cover the area between the 2nd row bucket seats?

I just ordered the 1st and 2nd row X-ACT liners but passed on the 3rd row since that row is basically useless and I keep the seats folded. I'd like some protection for the pass through area between the 2nd row seats since that has now turned into a storage area for the 2nd row passengers.
I have the x-act contour in all 3 rows and yes, the third row covers the pass through between the buckets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan