Husky floor mats. Why doesn’t it fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I have a full set of husky floor mats which I had in my 15 Tahoe, fits perfect no issues at all. I just traded in the Tahoe for a 17 Escalade thinking my mats would fit but clearly the second row doesn’t fit at all. Is it me or are the Tahoe and esky different in space in the second row?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I have a full set of husky floor mats which I had in my 15 Tahoe, fits perfect no issues at all. I just traded in the Tahoe for a 17 Escalade thinking my mats would fit but clearly the second row doesn’t fit at all. Is it me or are the Tahoe and esky different in space in the second row?

what else is different? is it a ESV? captions chairs versus bench seat?, power seats versus non power seats? something is different, the body is the same otherwise

OP
OP
L

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing is different, Both are regular length( non esv), both has captain chairs in second row. I just can’t get them to go in. It seems like the Escalades second row floor has less space then the Tahoe. It is weird.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing is different, Both are regular length( non esv), both has captain chairs in second row. I just can’t get them to go in. It seems like the Escalades second row floor has less space then the Tahoe. It is weird.

your Tahoe had power folding rear captains chairs?, the escalade should, where exactly is the difference? around the captains seat mounts or somewhere else, is the 3rd row power fold and the tahoe was not? there has to be some difference, heated/cooled captains chairs, something..... the body will be the same

Reaction score
I know on the 07-14 years Husky says that the back of the center console is shaped different and the mat will need trimming in that area to fit correctly and there is even a trim line molded into the mat. Maybe it's the same way with the 15+

OP
OP
L

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will check and even post a video so that maybe someone could make sense of it. As far as the difference, it’s pretty much all the same. My Tahoe was a 2015 LTZ with power folding captain chairs and the esky has the same set up.

Reaction score
just now going to Husky's site and putting in the different vehicles I notice they have a different 2nd row mat for the Escalade. The difference is in the top middle where it goes around the back of the center console, as seen in these pics

tahoe.jpg

caddy.jpg

OP
OP
L

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@goofyguy..... thank god you found this because I thought I was going crazy! [emoji23][emoji23] thank you[emoji1374] for the info and again all you guys here on this forum for the quick responses. now I have to order a second row mat[emoji2357].

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@goofyguy..... thank god you found this because I thought I was going crazy! [emoji23][emoji23] thank you[emoji1374] for the info and again all you guys here on this forum for the quick responses. now I have to order a second row mat[emoji2357].

I think you can just cut the one you have....

OP
OP
L

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I can try and cut it, hopefully i can trim it close enough where it doesn’t leave a gap. [emoji1360]