How to remove barn yard doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Symba_The_Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to take the back doors a 1996 tahoe with barn yard doors? Thank you for looking !

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES you have cut the pins i got a set of new pins waiting for me to put on i have a lot of
play in the hinges now i got them from www.totalauto.com #RPL-TAI-GMHK13

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no! all welded BUT if you want want to replace the hinges you will need to drill out the spot
welds and the replacement hinges comes with bolts also they have a template on where to
drill the holes.

crows feet

Reaction score
I took a air chisel had to make a bit small enough to fit in hole. drive from bottom up.got my pins from dealer. has extra pin and shims. my holes were wolled out some,after driveing pins and shime in, were fine. doors were on from new and being in mich salt for20 years were a ***** to say the least/////

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you remove the bumber to get the air chisel straight to drive the pins out?

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was having the same problem but after getting a good flat round chisel/punch and a two pound sledge I was able to pop the pin out, luckily the door is already damaged hence the need to take mine off, found me a new door for $40 bucks off craigslist! still got to take off the bumper to get the other one out, but no biggie I have to replace the bumper anyway since it got wrecked yet again :mad3:

OP
OP
Symba_The_Lyon

Symba_The_Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing they are still froze up ill end up cuting the pins out just got to find time to do it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman