High mileage upkeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fulltank2022

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy. I have a 2016 Yukon XL, 2WD.

I bought new and am approaching 180k. I had to replace the transmission at 130k and AC compressor but other than that maintenance has been minimal.

I’ve decided I love this rig. It’s perfect for work and family and I want to make it last as long as possible since a $70k replacement isn’t really in the cards.

That said, what should I start replacing to help prolong its life?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy. I have a 2016 Yukon XL, 2WD.

I bought new and am approaching 180k. I had to replace the transmission at 130k and AC compressor but other than that maintenance has been minimal.

I’ve decided I love this rig. It’s perfect for work and family and I want to make it last as long as possible since a $70k replacement isn’t really in the cards.

That said, what should I start replacing to help prolong its life?
I just turned 147K miles to today on 2016 Hoe and have zero plans on selling it anytime soon.

Similar to you replaced to transmission at 125K miles and the Condenser way before that. Have not heard of issues with the Compressor on these vehicles but I am sure it happens. Besides all that just plan old regular maintenance. Goes in for service every 5K miles.

Will Flush out the coolant at 150K miles at the next service. I for one never do brake fluid flush. When they do the brakes it gets done. Do not do P/S flush either. Never did that and get over 300K miles on my vehicles.

If something needs to be done my dealer or independent mechanic will recommend it. So far my dealer has been okay deal with.

All that is just me. To each their own.

mrathell

Reaction score
Just keep up with regular maintenance: replace rear differential fluids, front differential fluids, transfer case fluids, tranny fluids and filter, serpentine belt, air filter, spark plugs, fuel filter….

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

As has been said by the members here, follow the maintenance schedules, religiously, and even before the recommended time, depending on the driving patterns. Fluids are the blood of each system. I don't like extended warranties and always recommend that an owner have a fund that money is put in to weekly, for planned maintenances and unplanned repairs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14