High country or Premier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.2 has its obvious advantages.
I took one for a ride the other day to compare it to my premier. The extra dampening from the air ride is very nice and the 6.2 has great pick up.

I don’t know if it’s 7k better than a similar premier.

I must admit that the 74$ fill up price tag kinda surprised me. The salesman is a friend and he gave me a semi sold unit to fill up. The difference between reg and premium Mobil is 90 cents a gallon

anybody have a premier but really want a high country

Last edited:

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the diesel. Problem solved. Great MPGs and diesel is cheaper than premium in most cases. Plus in the High Country I think you get a break in price for the diesel.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a premier on its way, was $4,000 cheaper than a HC I was looking at and the only difference was engine. I prefer the 5.3

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the diesel. Problem solved. Great MPGs and diesel is cheaper than premium in most cases. Plus in the High Country I think you get a break in price for the diesel.

This here is the ticket.14-16 MPG + paying for premium is a Downer. Diesel is a dime more than RUL in our area and .60 cents less than premium. And you can go 40% further on it... Its the long term wise choice for this big vehicle. Picking mine up today after a week of prep at the dealer....

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can build a Premier with just the options I want for a lot less money than High Country and it doesn't say High Country everywhere they can stick High Country. High Country here High Country there High Country everywhere. High Country doesn't mean anything to me if fact it would mean more if it didn't say High Country.

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can build a Premier with just the options I want for a lot less money than High Country and it doesn't say High Country everywhere they can stick High Country. High Country here High Country there High Country everywhere. High Country doesn't mean anything to me if fact it would mean more if it didn't say High Country.

I can agree with the name plating. I hate the HC plating everywhere. Especially those large ugly name plates on the front fenders. I prefer the look of the premier as well.

I don’t have any experience with diesels
I don’t tow anything, so the torque isn’t the issue. The horsepower is what I like in the 6.2.

BTSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about 2021 Yukon Denali with the premium package - 6.2, power boards, 22's (better looking than HC), Pano, Intergraded infotainment system?

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will get a 100 opinions lol. For me the 6.2 is a must have so that makes it an easy choice. I also have had no issue running 87 in my 6.2 Silverado and only running premium when I pull my boat long distance.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The premier and HC are identical expect for grill and chrome/body color mirror caps, that’s it. And the grill on both I think are very cool. So for me it comes down to whether you want the 6.2 or not, and me personally I don’t.

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The premier and HC are identical expect for grill and chrome/body color mirror caps, that’s it. And the grill on both I think are very cool. So for me it comes down to whether you want the 6.2 or not, and me personally I don’t.

Air suspension and the side steps are also options not available on the premier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne