HID headlights **PICS**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Low Beams - 6000k
lightoutput5.jpg

Fog Lights - 3000k
lightoutput4.jpg

(6k)Low Beams and (3k)Fog Lights
lightoutput6.jpg

(6k)Low Beams, (3k)Fog Lights, and (Stock)High Beams
(Incorrect Exposure - Lights are brighter then this picture shows)
lightoutput3.jpg

(6k) Low Beams on street
lightoutput2.jpg

(6k) Low Beams and (3k) Fog lights on street
lightoutput1.jpg

(6k) Low Beams and (3k) Fog Lights
lightoutput7.jpg

I'm liking the 6000K lows, but not feeling the 3K fogs, they really don't compliment each other. Thanks for starting this thread, I think I will go with 6000K lows and fogs like one of the earliest pics. Now what brand are you' all using???

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
His projectors, for whatever reason, are better. The ones in my Denali suck. Major hot-spots, even with normal bulbs. The lenses themselves are kind of hazy, too. That's why I'm doing a retrofit with better projectors that should have a wide spread and distinct cutoff. They are both still too deeply centered. If you look at the Denali lenses, they have vertical sort of corrugations. That is a cheap way to try to get better light spread. Also a good sign the projectors aren't very good to begin with.

Last edited:

thunderii

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe the lens from these projector beams makes differences in brightness. I’ve bought few HID’s from different people and brands. The most intense brightness I notice was my Porsche housing after replacing the stock bulbs. Like the camera lenses, these lenses must be a good quality glass and clean precise cuts to give it’s intensities.

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His projectors, for whatever reason, are better. The ones in my Denali suck. Major hot-spots, even with normal bulbs. The lenses themselves are kind of hazy, too. That's why I'm doing a retrofit with better projectors that should have a wide spread and distinct cutoff. They are both still too deeply centered. If you look at the Denali lenses, they have vertical sort of corrugations. That is a cheap way to try to get better light spread. Also a good sign the projectors aren't very good to begin with.

post up pics when you retrofit them

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
post up pics when you retrofit them

I will. I'll try to get some "before" shots, too. Taking good pictures of lights is the hardest part...lol.

This project is probably about 2-3 weeks out. Hope to have it completed mid-Oct., but a lot depends on work and time. I have a few other things that need to get done first on the truck, so this is a couple projects down the list at this point.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_1082.jpg

Took it last night to show the true color of my fogs... (Pictures taken with my Canon - White Balance corrected to capture and provide TRUE color)