Here I go again, C3500 dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
While I do have another thread on here about a 3/4 ton Suburban with a 6.0, I have had a hard time finding a decent quality rig. I have ran in to another option as the post title says. Around the corner, in my neighborhood is this 2001 C3500 longbed dually that is completely straight and has the Duramax engine in it that has only just short of 163k miles. It is set up to tow hitch/gooseneck/5th wheel. Is a Chevy LT with leather interior. He had a new dash put in it so that it has a screen in the middle that is for navigation and music selection and unsure yet what else. No pics yet because I just went up after seeing it sit, day after day, and asked if was for sale. He said yes. He has no price in mind as of yet but knows I did a preliminary check at KBB and came up with around $9k-$10k. I told him I need to get to my place and get under it and check it out. He says he believes it may have a transmission fluid leak and yes, it is an Allison transmission. It is completely white with tan interior. He has had it plugged in on a trickle charger and it started right up. He is 86 and says he wants to be fair about price and he really means it. I truly believe that depending on what I find under there, I could get it for close to $7k to $7500. All this and then, guess what, I found this today:

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Touched base with the C3500 dually owner this afternoon and will be getting unhooked from 5th wheel and bringing here for inspection.

Dlayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are planning on towing heavy, 3500 is the way to go. Otherwise, daily driving will be much better with Yukon. That Duramax should be pre-def and if paired with Allison is a great tow rig.

Dlayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming the truck is 2WD based on price? Otherwise, looks like a very fair deal. If it’s 4WD, send it over my way and it will sell for much more in Central Oregon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts