Help with Bose wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerry Houston

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2003 Suburban originally with Bose/no steering controls/no OnStar. Son had Best Buy replace factory cd/radio with JVC aftermarket. Added a big sub and amp and bypassed Bose amp. I removed JVC unit and see that an adapter plug was used on JVC to connect to factory harness. No adapter for chimes or RSE. I replaced original head unit and found that volume was extremely low. Bose amp is obviously bypassed.

Does anyone know how they bypassed Bose amp? I noticed factory harness behind head unit has been stripped back a bit but I don't see any splices or cut wires. If someone has a wiring diagram for this truck, I believe I can figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003 Suburban originally with Bose/no steering controls/no OnStar. Son had Best Buy replace factory cd/radio with JVC aftermarket. Added a big sub and amp and bypassed Bose amp. I removed JVC unit and see that an adapter plug was used on JVC to connect to factory harness. No adapter for chimes or RSE. I replaced original head unit and found that volume was extremely low. Bose amp is obviously bypassed.

Does anyone know how they bypassed Bose amp? I noticed factory harness behind head unit has been stripped back a bit but I don't see any splices or cut wires. If someone has a wiring diagram for this truck, I believe I can figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't have the wiring diagram but know where to get it Jerry. Quickest is through a subscription to AllDataDIY. Next is to buy CD or PDF download from SeriousCTBuyer on ebay.

All that radio stuff is greek to me but some fellas will be along who are familiar with it. Welcome to the forum!

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I bypassed mine. Hard to tell what you're trying to do. Hook the Bose back up to factory standards? Got any pics ?