Help thoughts on 24's or 26's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jayblack757

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been looking for some rims for my 04 Yukon XL but I'm stuck between 24 inch rims or 26 inch rims. Both look nice on my truck but I don't want to deal with tire rubbing. How High should I lift my truck to prevent rubbing. Plus brake upgrades, I know with heavier rims you need more stopping power but what would be good for my Yukon XL?

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
24z your don't have to lift, even with 26z. Most actually go the opposite way, they drop em. It all depends on the offset, but most of the time the rubbing comes from the plastic inner fender, which can be cut, or possibly reshaped with a heat gun.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly what taste said. As far as brake upgrades go, you have a couple of options, Baer, brembo, wilwood, ssbc. With my 22's, i have to see what happens, the desighn of my wheels may not let me add a big brake upgrade.

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly what taste said. As far as brake upgrades go, you have a couple of options, Baer, brembo, wilwood, ssbc. With my 22's, i have to see what happens, the desighn of my wheels may not let me add a big brake upgrade.

I think you can with 22s even 20s. But anything smaller won't work out, I believe. Because the brake upgrade is like 17 inches I believe.

here the keynotes for the Brembo brake upgrade:
*Brembo Gran Turismo Brake Systems utilize larger discs and calipers than your stock system. While they will work with stock brake components, these oversized parts are typically too large for stock wheels and tires. 17" wheels or larger are recommended.

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
Go 26's with a 295 series tire and you should not rub unless your making a sharp turn or going up an incline......even then your just rubbing plastic and it won't harm your rims or tires!!! My $.02

mikeyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i whould go with 24"s i have 26" on my truck and im getting ride of them for 22s because it is so much stress on the truck at 80,000 miles a all ready did a trany and my ball joint clunk al the time the bigger the rim the more it beats the truck and its as slow as a turtle

COTahoeLS

Reaction score
I have 24's on my Hoe. Passenger side is a ***** with rubbing but I solved that issue tonight with a hacksaw to my fender liner. Problem solved. :D The 24's fill up the tire well nicely and look better overall. Yes, they're heavier than shit but is what it is.

-E

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
i would go with 24's I could imagine the ride quality with 26's is probably terrible, I personally have 24's and i had to cut plastic inner fender (wheel wall) on the drivers side due to it rubbing on the windshield wiper fluid other then that doesn't rub at all.. Only time it rubs is on a incline hill just a little on the back.. So 24's with a 2/3 drop and call it a good day

Reaction score
i had 24s..on 295 30s and i was slammed .now i got 26s on 305 30s..i barely rub and they ride good..if ur tahoe has a 6.0 go ahead and get them but if u dont..ur puttin alot of weight on ur tahoe and go for 24s ..just my 02 cents. mine drives and rides smooth and i havent lost my ride or alignment..

Sam Hamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had 24s..on 295 30s and i was slammed .now i got 26s on 305 30s..i barely rub and they ride good..if ur tahoe has a 6.0 go ahead and get them but if u dont..ur puttin alot of weight on ur tahoe and go for 24s ..just my 02 cents. mine drives and rides smooth and i havent lost my ride or alignment..

my trucks the exact way.. i actually almost put 8s on it the other day to try and tuck them but it aint happening. im actually just selling the 6s and go back to 4s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts