Help out with a system..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TeaDubya2011

The Phenomenal Hoe
Reaction score
Okay i'm new to the audio industry..i'm buying a 1000wt Kenwood amp this friday for 80 bucks. I want to get two 12" subs and get a dual box to sit in the cargo of my 'hoe. Here's what i have been looking at so far:

the box:
http://www.amazon.com/Atrend-E12D-1..._1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1271814592&sr=8-1

the subs:
http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KFC-W...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1271813220&sr=1-78

i just wanna have good enough sound to bang the truck. my budget, excluding the amp, would be about 300 bucks. i figure the box and subs were fair priced. please help me if I'm overlooking anything or if you have any better ideas

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
it all depends on what your looking for and what you listen to. a sealed box will give you tighter bass..i.e country, rock etc...ported/vented box is better suited for rap and hip hop. Then it goes back to who you are trying to impress. I listen to everything and im running a single l7 12" in a ported box. Not trying to impress anyone but its there if I want it. know what I mean. But all in all kenwood is a good brand and for the price you cant beat it..hope this helps

D-Block

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with fyremanpat, it depends on what you listen to. I'm a hip hop guy so I have a ported box and Alpine Type R subs. Its more or less pref. Now if you're asking if its good merch, then thats a different story. I love Alpine. Everything is so crisp and clear. I wouldn't change a thing. BUt before Alpine, I was into Kenwood and Kicker. The Kicker L series subs are rediculous. For bass you can't go wrong. Kenwood is pretty sick too. Just do some research and you will make the right decision.

p.s. Think about adding a capacitor or small battery in the back. It will help you dodge power issues.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMHO, save up and get a better amp, while it sounds like a 1000 watt amp, me bets its not over 500-600...

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having worked at a shop that was a big Kenwood dealer, get the model number and look up the specs, or post it up here. Kenwood makes really low level stuff for budget buyers and major chains, they do have higher end stuff, but like I said, you need to find out the model number.

For that budget you may be better off looking into Best Buy or some other major chains bass specials where they offer all new stuff (box, subs and amp) for around that price. All warranted and all new.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kenwood makes some decent amps but imo their subs are trash. i've heard alot of them on different amps and they all sound maxed out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nick rohr