help me decide!! higher milage escalade, or creampuff yukon SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It comes down to what you can live without and options you have to have. Both are nice rides. My dream car is an esky and in a heartbeat if I have the money and the price is right I'd choose the esky. Personally as a detailer I'll never own a black vehicle. Its just too much work to keep clean. So that for me would be a deciding factor against the esky. But maybe not for you. In my opinion I'm not a fan the 5.3 motor and the idea of AFM does not appeal to me. I'm driving a full size suv for the power. So the 6.2 in the esky is a much more desireable option. As much as it would be nice to have a selectable transfer case I have to say I really like my awd system and I know first hand from driving a couple that belong to clients, the awd in the caddy is fantastic

Youd think as a detailer you would be better equipped to deal with a black vehicle!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TheAutumnWind , that was rude. I didnt say i wasn't eqquiped to deal with black vehicles. My point was that for a personal vehicle I would never own a black vehicle because upkeep is ridiculous especially for me since I live down a dirt road. I wouldn't want that. But when it comes to my business and handling a black vehicle for a client I have one whole bin of special order products, separate clay bars, and specialty made microfiber towels that are all made specifically for black paint. So don't knock me as a detailer when you know anything about me.

Last edited:

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TheAutumnWind , that was rude. I didnt say i wasn't eqquiped to deal with black vehicles. My point was that for a personal vehicle I would never own a black vehicle because upkeep is ridiculous especially for me since I live down a dirt road. I wouldn't want that. But when it comes,to my,business and handling a black vehicle for a client I have one whole bin of special order products, separate clay bars, and specialty made microfiber towels that are all made specifically for black paint. So don't knock me as a detailer when you know nothing about me.

Hrm, well my intention was not to be rude. Apologies if it came off that way. :chewie:

OP
OP
carbed87

carbed87

Reaction score
Skidmark you have a very good point, In fact im glad you re-affirmed it because I told the guy with the Yukon we would graciously pass.

As for the escalade, I was told it has new front struts, and motor mounts so that handles almost every situation.

Funny thing is I started tallying up taxes and really getting a definitive figure for what we would be paying for the car, along with the small things needed to get our G8 ready to sell (windshield and re-spraying the front bumper). I got the signal that maybe we might be waiting until next year anyway. Regardless, we may still get the Escalade but it depends on what the old lady says since it will be her car.

OP
OP
carbed87

carbed87

Reaction score
Chase maybe im just weird but since the overwhelming majority of my vehicles have been black, I just think of the upkeep for them as the standard. Anything other than black (like my white 04 Tahoe) is just a bonus in easy car care.

As for care I have found that Adams visco-clay, some FG400, and Adams machine sealant provide fantastic results with minimal effort.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TheAutumnWind ,i appreciate that.
@carbed87 ,maybe I'm the weird one for not having a black vehicle and not wanting one haha. Personally I hate the way black shows all the imperfections and the dirt and grime. For that reason alone it's not with it living in a dirt road to have a black car because it would always be dusty and I'd have to clean it everyday. I just don't have the time in the midst of my detailing business. Lol.

Gurrzt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
California - where GOD and the sun always shines
If the vehicle is "properly maintained" with the owner having all service records, 99k is just a mildly broken in engine, are these miles freeway or in town? Freeway miles (without towing) are extremely mild to the engine, opposed to in town driving.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
I have an 08 Lade and love it. Currently have 78k miles on it. Luckily I have an extended warranty because about 5k miles ago I got a new transfer case. Just giving you a heads up. No other major issues besides wear n tear parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've probably made a decision by now, but I would say to let your wife drive both and decide which she prefers since you said that it is for her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleTank