Help identifying lift/level/tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonathan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found this Yukon XL while doing research and wanted to see what lift/tires were on it. I called the dealership and they had no clue.

I’ve already bit the bullet to go with 2.5” loaded struts on the front and keep my 285/70/17s. I’m buying to new rears since I replaced my fronts after the alignment was messed up when I bought my Yukon XL last year.

Any ideas on lift/tires I’m new to the Yukon game but I’m thinking 3.5” front 2” rear and 305/70/17. I think this truck looks perfect so I’m going to keep mine at 2.5” up front for a bit and then probably change it out.
Here is the link for more pictures:

Attachments

• DF6DE118-1AA5-42AE-B9A7-F74401EE23B0.png
    DF6DE118-1AA5-42AE-B9A7-F74401EE23B0.png
    778.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Other more knowledgeable folks will chime in.

Regarding wheel/tire combinations that will fit your truck without rubbing, no 2 trucks and their suspensions are exactly alike, due to a number of factors including accumulated wear on the suspension components and different wheel widths and offsets, so there is no guarantee that what fits with no rubbing on one truck will automatically fit with no rubbing on your truck. Other folks' experiences can guide you in one direction or another, but the final test will be when you mount the wheel/tire combination on your own truck.

To assist you in getting a good idea on whether or not specific alternate wheel/tire combinations 'may' fit your truck with no rubbing, I recommend that you use the wheel/tire comparison app at the URL listed below. You can use this app starting with your existing wheel/tire combination as a benchmark, assuming that there are currently no rubbing issues with it, and measure the actual critical fender and suspension component clearances as directed by this app. Then, you can enter alternate wheel/tire combinations, and this app will give you the projected changes in these critical fender and suspension component clearances.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

I used this app for determining whether on not I could use my current alternate wheel/tire combination, and it accurately projected the changes in critical clearances. Again, the use of this app in not an absolute guarantee that an alternate wheel/tire combination will fit without rubbing, but it provides a much better assessment, or projection, than simply an educated guess on your part, or a statement from others that it worked on a truck other than yours.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any ideas on lift/tires I’m new to the Yukon game but I’m thinking 3.5” front 2” rear and 305/70/17. I think this truck looks perfect
Looks perfect to me too! Let me know what you find. Zooming in on a tire photo, it's definitely something/70-17.

Please send some photos of your setup with the 285/70-17s.

OP
OP
J

Jonathan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks perfect to me too! Let me know what you find. Zooming in on a tire photo, it's definitely something/70-17.

Please send some photos of your setup with the 285/70-17s.
Will do on both accounts. Should have it ready next Monday. Heading to the OBX the following weekend so just in time.

I zoomed in on all of the pictures of the tires and even tried to sharpen/enhance them to get something but I couldn’t get a good view. I even called the dealership haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick