Heating & Cooling core assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devious_Tahoe96

Mr. Budwieser
Reaction score
Haven't had a/c for about 2 years now sadly. I took the hoe to the stealership thinking it was a bad compressor....finds out its the core assembly and its not getting 12v. They wanted to charge $349.99 for the part and 30mins labor. RIDICULOUS!! Soooo i've been looking around and i had found a new one for $132 online, but still thought it was a bit steep in price. Not really a fan of ebay/amazon and junkyards is a 50/50 chance (if there are any) but i did find one on amazon and wanted to know your guys opinion. http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-15-72...996&vehicleType=automotive&newCar=1&carId=001

Any advise would appriciated guys!!

OP
OP
Devious_Tahoe96

Devious_Tahoe96

Mr. Budwieser
Reaction score
Oops!! Yeah I have the rear defroster, but i've never used it since it never gets that cold in the desert during the winter months. Will it still work if I have the defroster option, or do I have to buy the exact one?

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will work with out it. I went to a pull-it yard and got one out of a pick up. Been working for 2 years with out a problem.

OP
OP
Devious_Tahoe96

Devious_Tahoe96

Mr. Budwieser
Reaction score
Do i run the risk of a fire hazard if i wrap the unit that has the circuit board exposed withe black tape? I think some wires may have caused the previous short and don't want to go through that again.

ssrado85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought mine on Ebay ACdelco with the rear defrost button shipped to my door for $116