Heated seat diagnosis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try swapping the relay with a known good relay. Perhaps it’s heating up and causing the relay to fail. That’s another quick and easy check I would try.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try swapping the relay with a known good relay. Perhaps it’s heating up and causing the relay to fail. That’s another quick and easy check I would try.

chrmbly

Reaction score
I thought I read that the window controls actually can cause issue with the seat heaters too? Mine was coming on by itself and I thought that some of the relays were housed in the window switch assembly? I never got to test it though, bought the part and was sitting in my garage to install when it got totaled. Lol.

chrmbly

Reaction score
I also had the reverse seat controls going on when I replaced my seat rack (the original never worked when I bought it to put the seat bottom back portion down). I tried to keep the cpu and the relays (whatever is in the big black box under the seat) since frankly mine looked Waaaaay cleaner than the junker. When I kept mine in the new track everything was reversed. Put back in the one that came with the junker and it worked.

chrmbly

Reaction score
So I guess what I’m saying is the reversed seat control could be unrelated to the heater.

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find information about what to do when you turn on the second seat heater and it cancels out both heaters if the first was already on?

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find information about what to do when you turn on the second seat heater and it cancels out both heaters if the first was already on?
Only guidance I can provide is that both heaters are controlled by the driver seat module so it's causing something with the driver seat module or the power to that module...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purolator