Head Room

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to me 2011 Denali XL. Really like it.
However, the seat sits pretty high for a 6'3" guy. The set will go up, and then down to a point where it stops. The thing is, I don't know if that is where it should stop. The passenger seat is about the same.
Is there a measuement I can take for reference? Any help is appreciated.
It is a sunroof model, and I know that doesn't help headroom. But my hair is touching the ceiling. And no I don't have a fro.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's 41.1 inches and I recently saw a drawing but cannot remember where. The seat can often go lower if it is more level. I'm 5'8" and can wear my Sam Houston hat without hitting the headliner.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'4 1/2 and I don't hit the roof ever, I do smack my head on the rear hatch corner edge though, my nbs used to go up higher or the corners weren't bent down so much

OP
OP
B

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's 41.1 inches and I recently saw a drawing but cannot remember where. The seat can often go lower if it is more level. I'm 5'8" and can wear my Sam Houston hat without hitting the headliner.
I'm at 36". This does have the sunroof which subtracts. I dunno if cooled seats affect it with the ducting.

mcislak

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. I feel so high up in our 2010 compared to my 07

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I felt the same way coming from our 2000 Escalade to the 2008 Suburban LTZ... but I finally got the seat adjusted right and got used to it... I just laid the seat back more.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the 1985 Restoration Kit for the Suburban and it is measuring from the highest point of the seat cushion at a rearward angle in line with the seat back. On that truck, it was 40-1/2 inches.

I saw another where I think it was from the lowest part of the seat angled forward and in line with the steering wheel. Can't recall where yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667