Head light noise in 2015 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benjamminharris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When using key fob to unlock doors is it normal when the headlights and taillights come on to make a low pitch noise?

shock

Reaction score
I think you’re hearing the fuel pump priming. It will do it as well if it has been sitting unlocked when you open a door.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never noticed it so much with the tail lights but would hear the noise you’re referring to with the headlights.

You’re Yukon Denali has factory HID low beams so depending on time or day or how dark it is outside the low beams sometimes power on with the unlock button. The noise you’re hearing is likely coming from the HID ballast and bulb firing on and running. Usually only a noise noticeable while the engine is off.

OP
OP
benjamminharris

benjamminharris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I never noticed it so much with the tail lights but would hear the noise you’re referring to with the headlights.

You’re Yukon Denali has factory HID low beams so depending on time or day or how dark it is outside the low beams sometimes power on with the unlock button. The noise you’re hearing is likely coming from the HID ballast and bulb firing on and running. Usually only a noise noticeable while the engine is off.
This has to be what the noise is. When I hit unlock on key fob and vehicle is not running is when I hear it. Headlights turn on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900