Having trouble diagnosing my tahoes problem!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DesTRucTO

Reaction score
Just recently my tahoe started acting up and i cant figure out why...One day when i started driving down the street my truck started boggin out and then would switch and have full power to the motor but would rev like it was in nuetral when it was still in drive. If i pull over and shut it off for a minute then start it back up it drives fine for about2 minutes then starts doin the same shit again. My ses light was on cuz of my rar o2 sensors bein gone but ive now got the ses light of with some sims. and it still is atin up. My tail shaft seal is leaking and for some odd reason my tranny fluid is way too full but i have plans to do a new tail shaft seal and bushin when i do my trannys serivce this weekend. Anyone else have any ideas what might be wrong now that im pretty sure its not a electrical problem?

OP
OP
D

DesTRucTO

Reaction score
well i o nly have 30,000 miles on the rebuilt tranny and it only starts ****** up after its warmed up. i feel if the tranny was goin that it would act up all the time not just after a certain amount of time driving.

OP
OP
D

DesTRucTO

Reaction score
well theres no drain plug so im just gonna do as much as i can while im down there with the pan off. im hoping that it will resolve my problem but ive been diving around for 6 months sence i got it and never had any problems and i havent added any fluid to the tranny either s thats whats confusing.

jdawg901

Full Access Member
Reaction score
change the tranny filter real cheap an easy job while at the same time drainin the fluid replace with new an correct amount not hard at all

OP
OP
D

DesTRucTO

Reaction score
I planned on din the filter too cuz i can get it and the gask in a bundle package for like 20 bucks and im hoping that it will run right when im done but i just wanted some outside opionions about the way its runnin and if the trannys service is the fix im lookin for. Ill post again afterwards and let you guys know how shes doin. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123