Have any of you done the high-beam all headlights on mod? 4hi/6hi/8hi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey gang, brand new to this forum. Been driving a 03 Chevy Duramax for the last 300,000 miles. Just picked up an 03 Yukon XL Denali. I'm brand new to the Yukon (weeks) and brand new to this forum. However, I tackled this very issue with the Chevy. My solution was quite inelegant: I used diodes in the fuse box to jump from the high beam circuit to the low and fog circuits. Draw wasn't an issue, I'm running all LEDs. I'm a firefighter by trade, so "elegant" isn't in my toolbox. This has been working for the last 100,000 miles or so... Maybe it will be useful here? It's on my list of things to do with the Yukon, I just haven't had it long enough yet...
Yep there’s write ups in the 00-06 tech section.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey gang, brand new to this forum. Been driving a 03 Chevy Duramax for the last 300,000 miles. Just picked up an 03 Yukon XL Denali. I'm brand new to the Yukon (weeks) and brand new to this forum. However, I tackled this very issue with the Chevy. My solution was quite inelegant: I used diodes in the fuse box to jump from the high beam circuit to the low and fog circuits. Draw wasn't an issue, I'm running all LEDs. I'm a firefighter by trade, so "elegant" isn't in my toolbox. This has been working for the last 100,000 miles or so... Maybe it will be useful here? It's on my list of things to do with the Yukon, I just haven't had it long enough yet...
Thanks for the write-up. But I used this and love it: Fleece Performance Engineering -GM-ALO-37 Gm All Lights On (2003-2007 Classic)

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, did you ever try any of the headlight mods? I did the 4 hi by grounding out the negative on the low beams. Super simple and cheap. I've been running them that way for a while with no issues.
Ive also heard this works. Take the black ground wire from your low beam bulbs to ground (on the frame) is what I believe works for 4-Hi. Not 6-Hi, not fog lights. Seems like this must bypass a relay that opens the low beam circuit when high beams are on.

Would be great to let us all know how this works out.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! If you are ever interested in a meetup, I'm in Dallas -- but we travel to Norman about once per year (My wife sings in an Irish band).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu