Have any of you done the high-beam all headlights on mod? 4hi/6hi/8hi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texas1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Tahoe LT, 228,000 miles.

Ideally I want all lights on when I turn on the high beams(daytime running, fog, low and high beam) to turn on and looking through Youtube there are several videos showing how to do it. Do you have any experience with modding your headlights to have more than the high beams come on? I don't like how the low beams go off while the high beams are on which is a lack of valuable light when you need to see the dark road.

Here is an example video:

I want to do a mod yet concerned about blowing fuses or part of the electrical system. Thank you.

OP
OP
texas1

texas1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a module that amazon sells for 20 bucks that will get you the 6hi. I would go that route before I start splicing wires.

https://www.fleeceperformance.com/gm-all-lights-on-module.html

I see it says 2003-2007, will that work on a 2002 Tahoe?

Also I see this thread from 2010 talking about the 4hi mod: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/the-super-easy-4-hi-mod-for-00-02-vehicles.8742/

Will read through that, it may have the answer for 6hi or 8hi. Thanks.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see it says 2003-2007, will that work on a 2002 Tahoe?

Also I see this thread from 2010 talking about the 4hi mod: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/the-super-easy-4-hi-mod-for-00-02-vehicles.8742/

Will read through that, it may have the answer for 6hi or 8hi. Thanks.
I've seen answers for this question for your year model, but i did not bookmark any of them as all my vehicles are 2003+. I suggest searching this forum, and a couple other Chevy/GMC forums and/or Facebook groups. Good luck, in any case.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a module that amazon sells for 20 bucks that will get you the 6hi. I would go that route before I start splicing wires.

https://www.fleeceperformance.com/gm-all-lights-on-module.html

I looked at this potential option, as it seemed like a simple conversion. The fuse box in my 07 Denali just does not look anywhere near the same as this circuit board for a direct layover, so there are some compatibility inconsistencies, even within the model years that it is supposed to work with. I even called Fleece Performance to see if they could confirm compatibility with my specific truck, and they could not. Too bad, as I was really excited about this potential option.

mpope2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can just add relays to do it. If you don’t want to piece together your own setup, I think Painless sells a kit for the low beams. The same concept will be used on fogs. For 99-02, you can also just add a ground jumper Wire off the yellow wire of the low beam harness to achieve the 4 on hi mod. The lows essentially loose their ground when switched to high on these trucks.

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, did you ever try any of the headlight mods? I did the 4 hi by grounding out the negative on the low beams. Super simple and cheap. I've been running them that way for a while with no issues.

Leavitt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey gang, brand new to this forum. Been driving a 03 Chevy Duramax for the last 300,000 miles. Just picked up an 03 Yukon XL Denali. I'm brand new to the Yukon (weeks) and brand new to this forum. However, I tackled this very issue with the Chevy. My solution was quite inelegant: I used diodes in the fuse box to jump from the high beam circuit to the low and fog circuits. Draw wasn't an issue, I'm running all LEDs. I'm a firefighter by trade, so "elegant" isn't in my toolbox. This has been working for the last 100,000 miles or so... Maybe it will be useful here? It's on my list of things to do with the Yukon, I just haven't had it long enough yet...

Attachments

• All on headlight mod.jpg
    All on headlight mod.jpg
    726.5 KB · Views: 11

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep