Hate my Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the OP. I have been a loyal GM owner, and over the years bought 9 new vehicles from GM. I always wanted a Tahoe/Yukon and after doing tons of research bought one. I had a 15 Denali. I felt I would have it forever and even bought a set of Blizzaks on rims for the winter here.( $2,000).... Highs? Engine is awesome and it looks good in the parking lot. Other than that what a crappy vehicle. I had an early 15 with the first gen suspension. After I complained to the dealer and read about it here they replaced the suspension with a softer version that was put in the later 15's. Still rode like a dump truck. (I had the factory 22" tires/rims). Hit a bump and it vibrates a few extra times...I drove other Denalis and it was the same. Transmission? Horrible, the fix was to put in heavier oil...c'mon..Still choppy...Had the steering wheel replaced as the heated wheel would get lukewarm at best. Seat heating elements replaced..lukewarm at best. My other GM's would get hot & work properly...mine never did even after the "fix". I traded it after 39,000 miles of misery. I had a stack of service receipts when I got rid of it.

According to this thread you are likely a spammer from Bangalore and are probably also just a dumb women who doesn’t understand that once you replace every part on your vehicle it’s going to be great!

dmad1

Reaction score
I agree with the OP. Our '12 was an excellent vehicle but not our '17. Dealer decided he couldn't fix the problems we were having and said they would call when GM came up with a fix. Called GM and they said I had to take it up with the dealer. A second dealer diagnosed the same problems as different ones than the first dealer but said they were not "abnormal" and that I might want to contact GM. And the circle continues...

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 19 denali has condensation is both tail lights and the 3rd brake light. I need to take it to the dealer, just hard to find time.

Wingnude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am just here to vent about the 2015 Yukon’s denali XL 4x4 I have. I have had three GMCs prior to this one, and when I was searching for a new SUV I figured I’d splurge a little and get the Denali this time. WORST MISTAKE EVER.

Bought the car with 40k miles. I coincidentally knew the original owner, another mom of 3 here in Huntsville, AL. After getting the truck it was problems from day one. I tried to return it to the dealership, but they wouldn’t take it back.

Here is everything that has been replaced on my 2015:
-front differential
-front suspension
-injector #3 in engine
-cam shaft in engine
-BOTH tail light assemblies (as they just stopped working at 9pm on a rural road in Alabama.... no lights in the back of my car we’re on and I didn’t know)
-catalytic converters now needs to be replaced
-both heated seat elements
-front headlights are full of condensation (see pictures, the left is full and the right just started)
-left blinker has started to “fail” as of last week.

This car has been garage kept, serviced on time, etc. and my rear right axle pops when making right turns (you can feel it underneath your feet if you’re sitting in 2nd row).

I will NEVER buy another GMC again!!! I even wrote a letter to GM about this POS!! They were willing to give me an “executive discount” on a new one or pay two car payments for me. Then, they took back that offer when they learned that my extended warranty FINALLY ended up covering SOME of the cost. I guess they forgot that you have to pay for the extended warranty and you have a deductible. I was just so tired of dealing with them I just left it alone. I wish this thing would roll off a cliff but I’m too afraid of prison to push it lol.

View attachment 214488 View attachment 214489

Wingnude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am just here to vent about the 2015 Yukon’s denali XL 4x4 I have. I have had three GMCs prior to this one, and when I was searching for a new SUV I figured I’d splurge a little and get the Denali this time. WORST MISTAKE EVER.

Bought the car with 40k miles. I coincidentally knew the original owner, another mom of 3 here in Huntsville, AL. After getting the truck it was problems from day one. I tried to return it to the dealership, but they wouldn’t take it back.

Here is everything that has been replaced on my 2015:
-front differential
-front suspension
-injector #3 in engine
-cam shaft in engine
-BOTH tail light assemblies (as they just stopped working at 9pm on a rural road in Alabama.... no lights in the back of my car we’re on and I didn’t know)
-catalytic converters now needs to be replaced
-both heated seat elements
-front headlights are full of condensation (see pictures, the left is full and the right just started)
-left blinker has started to “fail” as of last week.

This car has been garage kept, serviced on time, etc. and my rear right axle pops when making right turns (you can feel it underneath your feet if you’re sitting in 2nd row).

I will NEVER buy another GMC again!!! I even wrote a letter to GM about this POS!! They were willing to give me an “executive discount” on a new one or pay two car payments for me. Then, they took back that offer when they learned that my extended warranty FINALLY ended up covering SOME of the cost. I guess they forgot that you have to pay for the extended warranty and you have a deductible. I was just so tired of dealing with them I just left it alone. I wish this thing would roll off a cliff but I’m too afraid of prison to push it lol.

View attachment 214488 View attachment 214489
Hello Atee, I have a 2003 Yukon SLT with 265K love it, as a former car dealership tech, I would suggest going back to the dealership that sold you the lemon, ask to make an appointment with their district service manager , or district rep. they usually visit their dealerships ever couple of months , and then air your complaints with that person. Just a thought, take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700