Hate my Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on my 4th Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon and love them all. Granted I do not buy first year of a any new model. When I was looking to replace my '09 Denali I saw several '15s that were priced right. However I stuck with my personal principle of not buy first model year and picked up a really low mile '14 Denali and am very pleased with it. Hoping it is as reliable as the last 3 GM SUVs that I've owned.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my 3rd-- from the '80s, '90s, and '00s. The've all been great.

I started with '50s and '60s BelAir/Impalas; followed by '60s and '70s Camaros, then '60s and '70s vans, then these trucks.

They've all been Chevrolets and they've all been great. Only one was bought new. I've paid anywhere from $175 to $14,000 for them. All were daily transportation- no projects. I can't think of a single lemon among them.

joe

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just turned 53K miles on my 2016 Tahoe LT. Bought it brand new in October 2016. Just plain old regular maintenance so far. I do a combination of highway and gridlock. Actually tons of gridlock. To my surprise brakes are still good. Have zero plans of selling it any time soon.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see where you're coming from. The similarities are a coincidence, but kinda funny knowing she's legit and from Huntsville, AL. (Roll Tide!)

1) Her user name makes me think of something middle-eastern (think "Ali G" lol)

2) Her not being a very active member (which is 100% perfectly fine!) is consistent with spammers

3) Spammers use pictures of beautiful women as their avatars to capture attention

@Atee G, I believe the issues you're having are symptoms of the classic "First Year" syndrome. Yours may have even been a Friday or Monday build, compounding the lack of quality. (The existence of this is debatable)

You MIGHT would've had a better experience with a 2017+. My argument is that, at the price point of a 2017, new or used, such failures shouldn't even be a "might". Sure, they look better than the previous generation. But a previous generation on the road will always look better than a newer one holed up in a shop all the time.
My rule: Buy new with extended warranty (I never do that), or buy well used where you can afford to fix without it being an issue. Stay in the extreme ends of the spectrum.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rule: Buy new with extended warranty (I never do that), or buy well used where you can afford to fix without it being an issue. Stay in the extreme ends of the spectrum.

I don't like being in debt nor do I wanna be the one to take the new car depreciation hit. If I wanted a "new" car, there are PLENTY of like-new, short lease returns, buyer-messed-up-and-never-should've-bought-the-new-car-in-the-first-place returns, etc. to pick from.

I'd rather buy an older but like-new model that, to the best of my mechanical inspection abilities and research, has/had no issues other than the common ones. This leaves room in the budget for repairs that MAY happen versus a new car with a high note that always WILL happen.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like being in debt nor do I wanna be the one to take the new car depreciation hit. If I wanted a "new" car, there are PLENTY of like-new, short lease returns, buyer-messed-up-and-never-should've-bought-the-new-car-in-the-first-place returns, etc. to pick from.

I'd rather buy an older but like-new model that, to the best of my mechanical inspection abilities and research, has/had no issues other than the common ones. This leaves room in the budget for repairs that MAY happen versus a new car with a high note that always WILL happen.

Exactly why I buy new (or used with <10k miles) and dump before power train is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbg9192