Hard ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Groucho

Reaction score
I already had my suspension changed to the "newer" version which softened up the ride a bit, but after renting a Yukon XL with the regular suspension (vs. mag ride)...Mine still rides like a dump truck in comparison. Every little ridge in the road is transmitted to the vehicle. Similar to having your tires inflated much above the pressure needed.
Am I alone?

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No you are not alone. The ride is stiff but on a smooth road, the truck drives like a Mercedes. I think the next one for me will be an lt with nav and autoride. I like a stiff ride but the ltz is a bit too much

DP121

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have te same problem with a '16 LS and the max tow pkg. This is with the 18" wheels too. My '11 Silverado rode like a dream compared to the Suburban.

OP...what vehicle and wheels do you have?

amcmac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a '15 XL Denali and am experiencing the hard ride. What is this newer version that you speak of?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Groucho

Reaction score
I have te same problem with a '16 LS and the max tow pkg. This is with the 18" wheels too. My '11 Silverado rode like a dream compared to the Suburban.

I have the Yukon Denalli. 22" rims....however I bought 18"rims with snow tires and it doesn't ride any better.

OP
OP
G

Groucho

Reaction score

I have the Yukon Denalli. 22" rims....however I bought 18"rims with snow tires and it doesn't ride any better.

OP
OP
G

Groucho

Reaction score

OP
OP
G

Groucho

Reaction score
I just purchased a '15 XL Denali and am experiencing the hard ride. What is this newer version that you speak of?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The 15 early year Denali's apparently have a stiffer shock combo. It was revised in the later 15's and 16's. The dealer replaced mine no charge.

Cha0s13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would aftermarket shocks make these ride any smoother?. I love my Tahoe, but the stiffer ride driving over bumps and road imperfections drives me crazy.

kadillak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
15i Cadillac escalade premium, 2000 miles.. love the car I love the options that comes with it the style, however. too stiff for a full size suv and specially Cadillac, cuz back in your mind Cadillac should float on roads but this has changed with MRC. I did test drive one before purchase and didn't feel that it is too stiff, however mine is, my back hurts from the ride, BTW I am just 38 years. cant enjoy long rides. my 08 avalanche z71 rides better, can they be adjusted, or programmed perhaps ?? the salesman said it would soften by time. hmm is that true ?? :) I find it ironic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyguy88