Grease Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
So when my mechanic did my 2/3 drop everything turned out great except for one thing, I keep having grease slung all over my front passenger side rim. I know he said he shave the bolt down that touches the gasket but I think he didnt shave it down enough because now it leaks grease and has been for quite a while. Here is what I am talking about:
O1PiS.jpg
8GZ83.jpg

What can I do to fix this? Since it has already put a leak in the gasket, I will probably have to replace it right? Obviously I don't wanna take it apart if I dont have to, its just more of an annoyance when cleaning.

Let me know what you guys think and if this is an urgent fix or not. Thanks

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
can you get a better shot of the Bolt. What kit did you use? This is how my beltech setup looks. Yours seem awfully close but it could be because of different manufacturers. Oh wait i see, you took pics of the back side. Take a pic of the front

picture.jpg

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Yeah no problem, wont be soon, im helping out the inlaws so maybe tonight. I got the belltech kit as well. Tony set me up w/ it last year. I think he didnt grind the bolt down enough. Its rubbin on the black boot below and im sure thats where the grease is comin from.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

sick1166

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a 2-3 drop on a 2007 tahoe I have to shave a bolt down?

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
On a 2-3 drop on a 2007 tahoe I have to shave a bolt down?

You may or may not have to. Look at sumos pic, my mechanic had to shave the bolt almost to the nut to get it to fit. One of mine was just not shave down enough i guess.

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Sumo heres a pic from the front of the boot
uploadfromtaptalk1339066699611.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1339066733859.jpg

How do i fix this? It looks as if mine is bent closer to the boot than yours?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076

Latest posts