GM Issues 3.6 Million Vehicle Recall for Airbag. Yukon, Tahoe/Subur/Escalade on List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

debo4x4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had the recall done this weekend while at the dealer getting a new key fob programmed. They offered to do it, I didn't even know about it. Took about an hour. Glad to get it done before the mad rush.

robsan1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I just checked my VIN on the Chevy Owner Center and it looks like mine is effected.

A bit bummed as I'm already scheduled to bring in my truck tomorrow morning for a tire rotation and oil change but that is through the express service area of the dealership so I doubt I can get the recall taken care of then. Guess I'll have to schedule another appointment for this.
hi are they calling special vin or how can you tell as i am in australia regards rob

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my 2015 Tahoe done today ,about an hour. No problems. It seems all of the specified vehicles are to be done .It is for air bag and seat belt restraint system. Over 3 million vehicles sounds like all of them produced.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi are they calling special vin or how can you tell as i am in australia regards rob

The My Chevrolet site here in the US has a section to check for active recalls on your VIN, that's how I first found out. Not sure if they have a similar website for the AU market or not. Otherwise I'd just give your dealership a call and have them check the VIN.

thunderdawg

Reaction score
I found out about this recall this morning via this forum. Called my dealer and scheduled the software update for tomorrow morning. As of today, I had not received a notice in the snail mail.

robsan1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The My Chevrolet site here in the US has a section to check for active recalls on your VIN, that's how I first found out. Not sure if they have a similar website for the AU market or not. Otherwise I'd just give your dealership a call and have them check the VIN.
thanks it is private import then changed from l/h drive to r/h drive

thunderdawg

Reaction score
Had the SDM update done this morning taking less than 1 hr from check in to driving away. Now I keep seeing Pokemon characters on the central display. Hmm.

gdfein

Reaction score
Had my wife's ESV done today. 45min. No probs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

68 Grand

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Went down without a hitch here as well. Also had the dealer update the software for the DVD player per this Techlink bulletin:

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=6571

The instructions for checking your software version work well and are easy to follow. I checked it ahead of time and it showed some dates from 2013, iirc. Upon the dealer performing the update, it showed the updated dates as shown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10