Gibson exhaust, thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonreaper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I am debating what exhaust system to put on my 07 Tahoe 5.3L. I came across this deal on ebay and thought it looked promising. I know it's not Borla or Magnaflow or Corsa, but I was hoping someone had some experience or thoughts on the unit. Here's a link just in case you want to check it out. CAI is installed already (K&N).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Gibson-Exhaust-System-07-09-Chevy-Tahoe-GMC-Yukon-SUV-/130515459804?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AChevrolet|Model%3ATahoe|Year%3A2007&hash=item1e6353dedc#ht_3191wt_1165

THANKS!

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have heard (not personal experience) the cheaper you go with exhaust, the worse the drone and the worse it sounds on 4 cyl mode

tyggz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 07 Yukon w\ Gibson exhaust and dual tips out the side. It's spot on for sound. 'Throaty' enough so you know it's not stock, but not really Loud which may be out of character and more reserved for a pickup? IMO.

V4 mode does provide a different sound (often - no tune yet) which I'm not sure I like or dislike, it's just different with a 'raspier' tone. I'm sure it will be more pronounced with a CAI, as I don't have one of those yet either.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I friggin LOVE the sound of my Gibson dual side swept exhaust. There really is no drone at all to speak of. I have had it installed for almost three years now and I have never ONCE noticed any annoying tone during 8 cyl or 4 cyl mode.

Obviously, the quality of the Gibson products are probably lacking a little compared to Corsa, Borla, etc...but I have had no problems with mine even with all the salt and crappy winters in Nebraska.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts