Gas Tank Door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UpAndDown

Reaction score
So I have a new to me 08 Tahoe 5.3 and I noticed the gas tank door is rubbing the body on the hinge side when opening and closing. It’s hard to open and close as well. Is there a track behind the body that some rollers ride on that came off or something or is it just a regular hinge? It doesn’t appear to have gotten hit or bent on the door itself but something is amiss. Does anyone know what it looks like behind the body where you can’t see? Thanks for the help.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I would bet that the hinge part has been bent a little, especially if the door sits flush when closed. There is, at least on my 05, the rubber bumpers that the other side of the door rests on when closed and the hinge assembly that handles the back end clearance and whether is flush or not.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing back hidden in the body, just the hinge that you can see. Might need to tweak it a little bit,

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Mine rubs a bit too. One of these days I need to remove it and tweak the hinge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st