Front wheel binds when turning in reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigfeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello men, hopefully someone can help. 98 two door, torsion bar crank, 1.5in blocks in the rear. I noticed the steering felt a little loose last month, and heard a bump sound when turning in reverse as well. Now, if I turn almost to lock in reverse when exiting my driveway, the passenger front wheel binds up and the truck will not move. If I straighten the wheel out I can go forward agin. Had it towed to my mechanic, who is pretty good. He said the upper ball joint was gone. Installed that and she still binds up turning in reverse. Before he starts playing guess work I thought I would ask you for help. Thank you in advance, any advice is greatly appreciated.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
hard over while on the ground. if you see no rubber rubbing anywhere your cv-joints or something in the wheel bearing might be binding. also ensure you control arms are not coming loose of the frame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts