Front Display Mirror CarPlay on Rear Display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Js0815

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2017 Yukon. Is it possible to have the rear screens mirror what ever is on the front display?

Thinking of getting a magic box to have wireless CarPlay and the flexibility to watch Netflix, etc.

I’m thinking it shouldn’t be to hard to display output from the front screen and display input to the rear screen. The rear TV already has an HDMI input.

(https://trymagicbox.com/products/the-magic-box)

dlcurtsinger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2017 Yukon. Is it possible to have the rear screens mirror what ever is on the front display?

Thinking of getting a magic box to have wireless CarPlay and the flexibility to watch Netflix, etc.

I’m thinking it shouldn’t be to hard to display output from the front screen and display input to the rear screen. The rear TV already has an HDMI input.

(https://trymagicbox.com/products/the-magic-box)
Did you ever get an answer or solution to this? I’m looking to do the same thing!

Akinshake

Reaction score
Not quite exactly what you are asking but this is unconfirmed but hypothetically should work. I do know you can use a Roku on the system and with the vehicle in motion bypass, should give you access to a variety of options to view on the front and back tv at any time. i want to do the in motion delete, just havent pulled the trigger since the adapter is now almost 3x the cost as it was 3 years ago. i did just watch a video on another post here about the roku working well in the back. even without the in motion, but then the people upfront would have trouble using it since they couldnt see the screen unless you were in park.

Werdna71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have this dialed in well at least for us without going wireless CarPlay. I installed the Naviks system about two months ago combined with a Roku and have GM’s unlimited 3G Wi-Fi. I can cast from my phone to the Roku or just use the native Roku apps and the remote (and yes, with the Naviks my wife can operate the Roku from the front screen while in motion). I turn off the video in motion as soon as she is done by hitting the rear defrost 4x (I don’t need to watch frozen for the 10000th time / don’t need that distraction). The kids love it and it has made our drives much more efficient with longer stints between stops. Hope this helps. (2019 Yukon Denali)

Werdna71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have this dialed in well at least for us without going wireless CarPlay. I installed the Naviks system about two months ago combined with a Roku and have GM’s unlimited 3G Wi-Fi. I can cast from my phone to the Roku or just use the native Roku apps and the remote (and yes, with the Naviks my wife can operate the Roku from the front screen while in motion). I turn off the video in motion as soon as she is done by hitting the rear defrost 4x (I don’t need to watch frozen for the 10000th time / don’t need that distraction). The kids love it and it has made our drives much more efficient with longer stints between stops. Hope this helps. (2019 Yukon Denali)
Naviks was $220 when I purchased, Roku was an old unit from our house. Labor of installing the Naviks was me one night about an hour to pull dash which is like level 1 / basic if you have a Torx wrench and a body panel tool. I also wired a rear camera mirror so I can always see out even when screens are down that I use 100% of the time shooting through back glass (not externally mounted so no issue with car washes / external crap). Only downside to this installation is it can get a slight glare from sunlight at the right angle and I wish were a bit brighter on sunny days (again, I'm shooting through the rear glass). However, improved sight field has made this a no brainer mod that took probably three hours all in to run cables and hardwire into fuse box. Happy to share if helpful.

Last edited: