Front bumper mounting point broken/ coming off HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardershack

Reaction score
The mounting point on the driver side corner of my front bumper is broken so the bolt doesn’t hold it on and it just sticks out. I can shove it in but it doesn’t stay and is pretty annoying. This is a 2020 with a clean carfax report I purchased last November. The dealership definitely hid this and I didn’t notice until I had driven it for almost a month.

I’m probably going to just drive a self tapping screw just next to the original mounting hole and be done with it but I wanted to see if anyone had suggestions and if there are any other points this mounts to that I may be missing or need to check. It seems like on the other side that one bolt is the only part hiking it on for the whole corner, but when I pull the driver side corner of the bumper out that’s not bolted down it seems to pull it out all the way under the headlight. Hopefully adding a screw next to where the bolt is supposed to mount up will hold it all into place. I’d love to hear if anyone else has dealt with this.

Attachments

• 8F525BCE-F6B2-45EC-BAD9-AE4C6B8EEF19.jpeg
    8F525BCE-F6B2-45EC-BAD9-AE4C6B8EEF19.jpeg
    372.6 KB · Views: 8
  • FEA11ECD-E781-41BE-9705-C44C9E0EB6C6.jpeg
    FEA11ECD-E781-41BE-9705-C44C9E0EB6C6.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would incorporate a washer into the fix if possible to help hold it in place, I think a self-taping screw with a washer would be fine and no one would see it in that location. The washer should help so the screw won't eventually pull through the hole made by the screw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues