Florida move & Atlanta I-75= Success

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesse53

Reaction score
So you people saw about the I-75 southbound shutdown. I was out there 13 hours..craziest thing I ever recall. Exit 273 had so many wrecks that the whole southbound lanes were blocked that long. People by daybreak that lived near-by, brought water, apples, granola etc. to keep us alive. Finally about 1:30 pm Wednesday we got going again, I went thru Atlanta 30-40 mph all the way. I was towing a 6x12 U-haul which the XL handled w/ ease loaded to the ceiling. I think I got 12.5 mpg, but I ran 60-65 sometimes, so that brought the mileage down. I now officially live in Sunshine. My kids are here another reason to move here, love it!

Buck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow, good to hear you made it through that ok. I was looking at pics of that mess last night. Been a nasty winter so far for a lot of people.

Welcome to Florida, moved here 13 years ago from up that way and enjoy it very much. First summer will be rough but once your blood thins out you will get used to it.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Wow I would hate to be there.. I'd be the guy to go offroading

mrmill

Reaction score
Glad you made it....my sister took 18 hours to get home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jesse53

jesse53

Reaction score
Wow, good to hear you made it through that ok. I was looking at pics of that mess last night. Been a nasty winter so far for a lot of people.

Welcome to Florida, moved here 13 years ago from up that way and enjoy it very much. First summer will be rough but once your blood thins out you will get used to it.

Summer up home aint no picnic, I'll be fine..I lived on the Ohio river and the humidity there was as bad as here believe it or not.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So where in FL did you hang your hat?

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you made it safely...

Took me 8 hours to get home - a 13 mile trip. Had to go back out early Wed. and perform 2 rescues for co-worker and friend who never made it home.

My NNBS Denali never let me down....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jterry76