floor jack lift points

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to put the floor jack for the front and rear? Want to lift up the front wheels, then rear wheels simultaneously. For the fronts, someone mentioned the frame crossmember that the lower arms attach to, but mine has a skid plate over it and it's pretty far aft, thought there would be one more forward of that. For the rear, was told NOT to put it under the rear diff. Sorry if this info is already posted, but all my searches turn up "lift" kits and the like. THanks for any info.

02 Yuk 5.3L flex/4x4

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Well when it comes to installing lowering coils it has to go under the differential unless of course you have a lift.
But the front crossmember thing is right, for the back, you will use the part of the frame right in front of the rear wheels where the trailing arm bolts on to.
To make its easier to find, there is generally two small holes in that area on the Tahoes/Yukons in that area.

OP
OP
afpj

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that info. I've been lifting one corner at a time, but wanted to lift the fronts all at once , then put the jack stands on the frame rails where the bottle jack usually goes. Same for the rears...wanted to put the stands where the bottle jack usually goes under the coil mount on the axle, so wanted to lift the rears from a single point...for some reason heard rear diff was not the place, oh well. Any other suggestions (aside from putting a hydraulic lift in the garage) appreciated. Can't get ramps as storage space is a premium (already got the floor jack and stands).

Last edited:

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put it ON ramps on one end and then lift the diff to lift the entire rear in one go.

IWthout it'd be easier to lift each front corner, then lift the diff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700