First Impressions 2015 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raress9596

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so here are my first impressions of my new Tahoe LT. Kind of comparing it to two of my previous Tahoes. 2010 LT and 2012 LTZ. Really haven't driven it much due to family obligations theis weekend. Just drove it to work this morning.

First off still trying to figure out where everything is LOL. I'm so used to my previous GM SUV's and I'm an old school guy whos doesn't need half what this truck has.
The ride is stiffer and a little harsh over bumps but not too bad. This truck is very quiet! They must use alot of sound deadening materials.
No squeeks or rattles so far which is a big improvement over the many, many GM vehicles I have ever owned that came with them at no extra charge, lol.
Going to figure out today how to shut off the lane departure vibrating seats. It was fun in the beginning but here in NY I dodge potholes and the vibrating is starting to get annoying. Wish the seats were a little softer like previous GM trucks.
Set up an onstar account and now start the truck from my bedroom. Nice and warm when I get in! Today I'll investigate Pandora. Love the bluetooth!
All in all this Tahoe is much improved over the last few generations. Loved all my previous GM vehicles and I hope this one is as good.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can turn off the lane detector by a button over by the light switch. At least that's where it is in a Yukon.

OP
OP
raress9596

raress9596

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so here are my first impressions of my new Tahoe LT. Kind of comparing it to two of my previous Tahoes. 2010 LT and 2012 LTZ. Really haven't driven it much due to family obligations theis weekend. Just drove it to work this morning.

First off still trying to figure out where everything is LOL. I'm so used to my previous GM SUV's and I'm an old school guy whos doesn't need half what this truck has.
The ride is stiffer and a little harsh over bumps but not too bad. This truck is very quiet! They must use alot of sound deadening materials.
No squeeks or rattles so far which is a big improvement over the many, many GM vehicles I have ever owned that came with them at no extra charge, lol.
Going to figure out today how to shut off the lane departure vibrating seats. It was fun in the beginning but here in NY I dodge potholes and the vibrating is starting to get annoying. Wish the seats were a little softer like previous GM trucks.
Set up an onstar account and now start the truck from my bedroom. Nice and warm when I get in! Today I'll investigate Pandora. Love the bluetooth!
All in all this Tahoe is much improved over the last few generations. Loved all my previous GM vehicles and I hope this one is as good.

Okay had it for over a month. Bonded with it. The truck is okay but unhappy with a few things.

1) I can stop the seats from vibrating by switching to beep instead. I have found that if I am in bumper to bumper traffic and I'm in a lane that is close to the center divider it vibrates on and off constantly.
2) the orientation between the gas and brake pedal is kind of dangerous with gas pedal being too far below the brake pedal.
3) I spend hours at a time in NYC traffic many days. I find the seats way to hard, too narrow and the side bolsters get annoying (pressing on the kidney area) after a short while. Hate driving it for long periods of time. My 2010 and 2012 Tahoe seats are (were) way more comfortable, softer and more plush. Actually going to stop in at a couple of custom auto upholstery shops to see if they can swap out the seat foam to make them more comfortable.
4) The navigation system refuses to accept certain addresses in some areas of NYC that I never had a problem with. Thankfully the Onstar people are happy to enter the destination into the system for me.

Some of the things I like are,
1) Bluetooth. ( have gotten 3 summonses for using a cell phone in previous years, lol).
2) This Tahoe is unbelievably quiet and still doesn't have a squeek or rattle after 2,500 miles. Unlike previous GM vehicles.
The Mylink System and all the stuff it does.
3) Being able to fold down the 3rd row seat to access the cargo space when needed instead of having to remove the seats.
4) Convenience of all the USB ports.
5) The keyless entry system and pushbutton start.

jasonsbiz74

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with you on the likes. The difference between my 07 Tahoe and the 15 is significant in terms of ride and noise. I love it and hate it. I had an exhaust on my 07 and loved the drone noise. The new technology is awesome and convenient and will take some getting used to. I love the power fold flat seats in the rear and the cargo space. When boating season decides to show back up in will be nice to have that flat area. So far I am loving the 15 but I am very anxious to make some changes. I am still trying to figure out the Rear ent system(ipod,Roku,etc) but the DVD looks great. Push bottom start and keyless entry is nice touch too.....Enjoy !!

cl9988

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just picked up a 15 Tahoe LT. I have had a 98, 01 and a 10 previously.

I think the quality has significantly improved and I love the quiet cabin. Of course, for the price of these new ones the quality should have improved. The cockpit is vastly improved with pockets and places to store stuff. The interior trim is definitely an improvement but the older ones were not bad. The storage behind the 3rd row is also very nice. It is about time GM got that right.

I hate the MyLink system but maybe I will get used to it. My 2010 LT had the nav and I could do a split screen nav/radio which I cant do with this. I also cant play music off of a SD card by folders which is ridiculous.

No fog lights on a $60,000 truck? I don't use fog lights anyway but it is the thought that counts!

I like it but feel like I got a lot less truck for a lot more money. Now, on the highway it is a different animal, I am pleased with the ride, fuel economy and quiet cabin.

Last edited:

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think the quality has significantly improved and I love the quiet cabin. Of course, for the price of these new ones the quality should have improved. The cockpit is vastly improved with pockets and places to store stuff. The interior trim is definitely an improvement but the older ones were not bad. The storage behind the 3rd row is also very nice. It is about time GM got that right.

I hate the MyLink system but maybe I will get used to it. My 2010 LT had the nav and I could do a split screen nav/radio which I cant do with this. I also cant play music off of a SD card by folders which is ridiculous.

No fog lights on a $60,000 truck? I don't use fog lights anyway but it is the thought that counts!

I like it but feel like I got a lot less truck for a lot more money. Now, on the highway it is a different animal, I am pleased with the ride, fuel economy and quiet cabin.

My LT has fog lights...

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My LT has fog lights...

Fog Lights are included with the Luxury Package on LT. Standard on LTZ.

The more egregious omission is the lack of HID headlights on a 60K truck.

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fog Lights are included with the Luxury Package on LT. Standard on LTZ.

The more egregious omission is the lack of HID headlights on a 60K truck.

Same with the SmartKey....$20-30k cars have it...it should be STANDARD!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts