Few quirks Yukon AT4 MEA edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N4865G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hallo folks,
Recently got my long awaited 2022 Yukon AT4 here in Qatar where I reside.
I found several bizarre problems with this Middle East edition (I think it is the same as the Canadian option), namely:
- for some reason the Google functionality is not available - I have no Google Maps and no Google assistant in my infotainment menu at all. According to the dealer there is no ONSTAR network available here, hence those options are not in the car. Interestingly enough, the Android Auto works ok, but not wirelessly, need to connect it with the USB-C cable.
- possibly as a result of the above I have no speed limit signs available, just the dashes. Also, when using Android Auto navigation I get no turn-by-turn direction in my HUD.
- it seems I cannot change the units for driver information center: tyre pressure, fuel consumption, etc. Unit change option is not there.
- system does not remember seat positions for individual keyfobs. I programmed one for me, the other for my wife and using either brings the seat and mirrors to my setting. Tried to reset but no luck there.
- not sure if this is normal, but upon exiting the car and locking it it goes through some strange air suspension routine, like lifting and lowering the car several times with compressor puffy noise.

These are small things (except for the Google integration which is a big fail - despite it being advertised as included with the car), otherwise I am very happy with this vehicle.
I am getting solid 16mpg average with mostly city driving, which is better than my old, much smaller Jeep 5,7 HEMI.

Thanks
Dom

Last edited:

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, I think your problems start with Onstar connectivity, or lack there of. I know for sure that the '22 needs Onstar for the speed limit to show in the sign, as for the seat programming, be sure it identifies each key fob before trying to teach to it, I had the same issue. At first I thought having Google in the new '22 was a cool idea but I'm glad my '21 doesn't have it.

Good luck and enjoy your new AT4.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, I think your problems start with Onstar connectivity, or lack there of. I know for sure that the '22 needs Onstar for the speed limit to show in the sign, as for the seat programming, be sure it identifies each key fob before trying to teach to it, I had the same issue. At first I thought having Google in the new '22 was a cool idea but I'm glad my '21 doesn't have it.

Good luck and enjoy your new AT4.
Yes I have a 21’ Tahoe and just went from a 19’ Silverado HC to 22’ Silverado HC and I am not a fan of the google system, I actually think it sucks

OP
OP
N4865G

N4865G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys,
At least some relief from the actual users of the system.
All the best
Dom

droptopchevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe GM would let the car out of the factory with problems like this. Hope you get it resolved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14