Exhaust tip recommendation / ideas / Pic request

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Think ive narrowed down what exhaust im going to get. Based on a lot of youtube sound searches im going with a 2.5" or 3" Borla Atak crate muffler. Im wondering if i can do a dual out on these trucks. i see a lot of silverados like this but im not sure if its been done on an Suv? probably going with 3" double tips on each side if possible. i will add a Y to the outlet and run 2.5" pipe to the tip. Any insight and pictures of your current set up would be appreciated!

Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot directly help you with your truck, but when I searched for dual exhaust from the muffler, with one pipe on each side of the truck (which is what I really wanted), the Gibson Extreme was one of the few cat-back dual exhaust systems that I found. This exhaust is much louder than most folks would want, so I don't recommend it, unless you are looking for a real loud exhaust.

The main point here is that in order to accommodate the dual exhaust system with one pipe on each side of the truck, it was the necessary to permanently remove the spare tire from its stock position under the rear of the truck, along with the corresponding heat shield. This was not an issue for me, as I drove my 1997 Yukon for 5 years without a usable spare tire, as the lowering device was rusted solid. I do carry a tire puncture sealing and compressor combo tool in the truck at all times.

Of course, a custom muffler and exhaust pipe shop would be able to fabricate just about anything that you would want for your truck.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
You might also look into including an X or H pipe to equalize pressure, owing to the greater distance and more angles the driver side exhaust must traverse.