Exhaust smell in cabin Escalade 2021

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

maddocmatt

Reaction score
You can take your vehicle to any GM dealership, doesn't have to be Cadillac...
Wait…I thought they told me that you had to take it to Cadillac only because regular gm service is not certified to work on them. Is that BS? I have a faulty l left rear taillight that goes in and out. I have to tap it to turn it on. I would love to get that fixed too

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was wrong, according to this page, it implies you need to go to a Cadillac dealer, unless it’s an emergency; which possibly you could be in since exhaust in the cabin is sort of severe/safety related issue…

Making me glad I bought a Denali!

OP
OP
M

maddocmatt

Reaction score
Well I was wrong, according to this page, it implies you need to go to a Cadillac dealer, unless it’s an emergency; which possibly you could be in since exhaust in the cabin is sort of severe/safety related issue…

LOL you should look up my post where my Yukon Denali 2021 stranded me 4 times and I had to lemon the truck. This is just another incident in a long line of incidents :)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would take that statement with a grain of salt, it clearly says "or" when a Cadillac dealer is not readily available.
you can have any gm warranty part repaired or replaced at any gm dealer.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take that statement with a grain of salt, it clearly says "or" when a Cadillac dealer is not readily available.
you can have any gm warranty part repaired or replaced at any gm dealer.
Was Kind of thinking the same thing…thought GM went to a policy of getting Warranty work on any GM vehicle at any GM dealer when they consolidated the brands…but the Cadillac info above sort of says no…if the dealer was 30days out, I’d give it a shot.

OP
OP
M

maddocmatt

Reaction score
New update. Can’t get an appointment at any dealership within 30 miles. I have called and left messages. I’m at a loss on what to do

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It’s kinda like taking a Bronco to a Lincoln dealer… if they would even talk to you, they would certainly put you at the very bottom of the line. That is if they would even talk to you…You’d have better luck taking a Cadillac to a Chevy or GMC dealer then vice versa in my opinion….and the odds would still be low….

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not sure why they use the word "must" in the Cadillac link above
because the bottom line is your vehicle warranty is covered by any GM dealership (nationwide).
although smelling something is probably not a legal issue if a co2 monitor triggers inside the cabin that likely would be a safety problem
it's came up before, not sure if the op ever reported back with a final resolution but it certainly got the dealers attention.

OP
OP
M

maddocmatt

Reaction score
not sure why they use the word "must" in the Cadillac link above
because the bottom line is your vehicle warranty is covered by any GM dealership (nationwide).
although smelling something is probably not a legal issue if a co2 monitor triggers inside the cabin that likely would be a safety problem
it's came up before, not sure if the op ever reported back with a final resolution but it certainly got the dealers attention.
I have not been able to secure an appointment yet.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not been able to secure an appointment yet.
I was referring to a c02 trigger from another owner that also smelled exhaust, when they brought it to the attention of the delaer they were on it fast.
I also find it hard to believe a delaer can't get you in for appointment is this like a single bay dealer or something, my dealer has at least 15 bays and they can knock out stuff left and right

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuckWild62