Esky rear glass and corners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
When I take the third break light off on my taho what will go in it's place when I put the Escalade rear glass on ? I didn't see anything on the Escalade when I took it off.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I take the third break light off on my taho what will go in it's place when I put the Escalade rear glass on ? I didn't see anything on the Escalade when I took it off.

its the whole housing that gets replaced. Theres two ways of doing it...escalade glass and escalade thiid brake light assembly. the other way is taking off the third brake light on a yukon and using 3m adhesive to attach the escaled brake light to the existing window

OP
OP
#1taho

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
its the whole housing that gets replaced. Theres two ways of doing it...escalade glass and escalade thiid brake light assembly. the other way is taking off the third brake light on a yukon and using 3m adhesive to attach the escaled brake light to the existing window
I have the rear glass. I took it off in one piece. But when I take off my third break light what will take its place ?

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the rear glass. I took it off in one piece. But when I take off my third break light what will take its place ?

wHEN you removed the escalade glass, the entire brake light shroud should still be attached to the window.

remove the original shroud from the original tahoe glass with the glass and install new glass, there isnt anything needed.

looking at the back of your truck, that entire black plastic piece gets removed along with the window.

new escalade window goes on...done

OP
OP
#1taho

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
wHEN you removed the escalade glass, the entire brake light shroud should still be attached to the window.

remove the original shroud from the original tahoe glass with the glass and install new glass, there isnt anything needed.

looking at the back of your truck, that entire black plastic piece gets removed along with the window.

I will have a look tonight.

OP
OP
#1taho

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score

I had a good look at my taho and the Escalade parts this weekend and as you described it is a straight forward swap. The contour of the taho rear glass threw me off. Thanks for the help

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a good look at my taho and the Escalade parts this weekend and as you described it is a straight forward swap. The contour of the taho rear glass threw me off. Thanks for the help

Lol no probelm. I Just swapped mine a couple months back ago, threw me off as well the very first time! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kwells