Engine Swap....someday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

1FUNAWD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I figure too. I've been through the LS2 motor that was in my Trailblazer SS and know it pretty well. It's pretty much the same thing but all aluminum. I just don't know if I should buy an LS2 6.0 or just stick to the LQ4 iron block. Either way, I really miss the choppy idle and weird looks people give you cuz they don't understand why it's coming from a newer SUV.

BTW TxTooTall, I admire that you have a Fountain Fever big block single screw. That would be a blast here on the Great Lakes!!!

TxTooTall

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I figure too. I've been through the LS2 motor that was in my Trailblazer SS and know it pretty well. It's pretty much the same thing but all aluminum. I just don't know if I should buy an LS2 6.0 or just stick to the LQ4 iron block. Either way, I really miss the choppy idle and weird looks people give you cuz they don't understand why it's coming from a newer SUV.

BTW TxTooTall, I admire that you have a Fountain Fever big block single screw. That would be a blast here on the Great Lakes!!!

I've done all kinds of engine and motor swaps. They're pretty easy.
LS2s are nice, but some have the 58x reluctor wheel on them and that's not what you need
Seeing how you have 5.3 now, there's all kinds of baby cams that you cam put in with a set of long tube headers, and then add in a cutout . . . and it'll make a nice rumble.
Single spring cam kits are $650 and up.
LS1 Hot cam
212/218
220/220

I love my Fountain, it's been all over the Galveston Bay Area, and on a few poker runs. It's up for sale if you know of anyone looking for a nice low 235 hour boat. 65 in the ruff stuff, 71-72 in perfect conditions

OP
OP

1FUNAWD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would LOVE to get the Fever, but almost ready to close on my new house, so expensive toys will have to wait a while for me. Thanks for the info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN