Electronic guru needed - simple question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doktorek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be electric gurus. - I did that 'Rear backup lights mod' where with press of a switch you get tailgaters off your back. But that made me think, when the car is moving forward (in D) and you hit the button to light up rear lights - doesnt that send the signal to the tranny computer or a tranny and confuses it that it should be backup up? Does that mess with the tranny while driving?
What would be the fix for it? One way Diode under the fuse?

Last edited:

S10XtremeNLow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did that 'Rear backup lights mod' where with press of a switch you get tailgaters off your back. But that made me think, when the car is moving forward (in D) and you hit the button to light up rear lights - doesnt that send the signal to the tranny computer or a tranny and confuses it that it should be backup up? Does that mess with the tranny while driving?
What would be the fix for it? One way Diode under the fuse?
Just hook 12v directly to the bulbs in the rear. Shouldn't need to diode isolate if you're just going to hook up a switch to them.

OP
OP
D

doktorek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is not going to send a signal back on the wires to the fuse to the computer/tranny?? I think it will from the logic of it (because power runs both ways on the wire no matter how many power supplies are attached to the bulb.