electrical problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97SLeeper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all. I just got an 03 Denali with high miles it runs great and still working on a couple of issues( temp, rpm oil, and battery gauge doesn't work). I'm curious do these vehicles have electrical problems that anyone knows about? I say this because my park brake light abs and battery light came on now it won't start for the first time. I hear the clicking sound and see dimming light so I assuming from expirience its the battery or alternator or both. I plan on changing both if it comes to that. I want to know if gremlins like this is common so I can plan accordingly. Also if I change the battery will the radio lock up or anything like that will happen?

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moved to the correct section , if you post in the correct section you will receive better results to your issue good luck

magicbus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gauge problems are simple; replace all of the stepper motors. If you know how to solder it is super easy. It takes longer to take the cluster apart than it takes to change motors.
Check your terminals on the battery and make sure they are tight and free of corrosion. You can also trace the ground and power cables back to make sure they are tight and corrosion free at every point.
Your radio is programmed to your truck so replacing the battery shouldn't lock it out on 03+ vehicles.
2003 was the first year GM ran databus in these vehicles so there were many many glitches. As long as the original owner took it in for the recalls you should be fine. However, since it sounds like most of your stepper motors are bad, chances are they didn't take it in for recalls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr