electrical problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stallion81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the board, thanks for help.

Driver rear window goes down with driver control all the way, but wont come back up. Rear driver window control will make it go back up, but need to "lock" it at the driver door to keep it from going back down.

My problem lies in the driver door, or the rear driverside door? Thought I would ask before I tear both of them apart...

THANKS for any help.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try taking the drivers switch out and unhook the connectors on the bottom of it (there are 2 harness plugs), check and make sure they are clean and then reconnect and see if that solves your problem!! Also could be the actual drivers window switch on the drivers switch cluster, the little button under the button might be messed up!

OP
OP
S

stallion81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I was "assuming" it was in the driver door =).

Fix after fix with this thing now, but I love it.....even though its my wifes ride.

Did front/back brakes(pads/calipers/slotted drilled rotors), front hubs, rear yoke, mass air sensor, and just got done fixing a light problem(rusted sockets/moisture in turn lamp assembly). Thank goodness I was able to clean the socket and use dielectric to fix it.

Now the damn windshield wiper arm broke(spring and fluid tube), and the window switch and wiper were next on the list =).

Well off to get the wiper arm, and gonna pull the door panel. I'll see if it is a connection/ground , or button jam before I ask what door switch I might need.

Gotta love forums for help. I'm in Jeep, Harley, Yamaha Blaster forums, and have books for all, but not the Tahoe weve owned for 6 years. This ride must be getting old :shocked:.

OP
OP
S

stallion81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
List is getting smaller, windshield wiper arm and wiper blades done =). Door panel comes off tomorrow.

BTW anyone having fast turnsignal issues..... If its NOT the bulb, look into corroded sockets. A little MAF spray(mass air filter cleaner) and small brushes, dielectric grease, might get you back on track....I'm all good there now =).

OP
OP
S

stallion81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It was the actual rear window switch that was stuck. The white slider was all gummed up and was "locked" down in the window down position. Cleaned the switch assembly and its good to go.

Maybe the 3 yr old had something to do with that =).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr