Dumb Question.......new to forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevboy55

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am considering buying a 2007 Tahoe LTZ, it has the rear DVD that drops down from the ceiling. The HU doesn't have any screen or anything. If I buy the truck, I want to be able install a touchscreen DVD, Nav unit. So the question is, if it swap out the HU, will I retain the functionality of the rear DVD or will I need to install something else, possible screens in the headrests or something.

Thanks for any help!

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a stock HU? I've never seen the DVD without the nav system so I'm not much help but curious myself. I have the rear DVD and it Is great for the kids but rather small.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Tony, there are plenty of these SUVs with rear DVD, without navigation.
And Kevin, yes you can use an aftermarket HU and still have it function with the stock DVD unit. Just have to by the right adapters and integration systems.
When you do, you can play the DVD from the new HU and have it display on the stock rear DVD. You can even install additional screens in the headrest and have all receive vdeo from the aftermarket HU.

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony, there are plenty of these SUVs with rear DVD, without navigation.
And Kevin, yes you can use an aftermarket HU and still have it function with the stock DVD unit. Just have to by the right adapters and integration systems.
When you do, you can play the DVD from the new HU and have it display on the stock rear DVD. You can even install additional screens in the headrest and have all receive vdeo from the aftermarket HU.

Thx modded. I thought about adding headrest screens but very low on my priority.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score
Absolutely, I have a 07 Z71 without NAV, but with BOSE, DVD and overhead screen. I replaced my HU with a Pioneer AHV-P4400BH. DVD in the dash also shows on the overhead. Like previously mentioned, gotta use the correct adapters and you'll be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar