Dual battery set up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe_SSV

Reaction score
so my 09 Tahoe SSV has a dual battery set up. I am wondering what battery is the stock battery and which was added. Also I am looking to upgrade system with 1/0 wiring and a new Isolator. Can anybody tell me what the best Kit for this is or what I need to get to make best as possible. I am planning to run high power stereo equipment and LED lighting.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The secondary battery is at the front drivers side next to the fuse box and washer fluid fill neck.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
find a shop that just sells battery's, typically they will make battery cables also, the place here in my town will make cables however you want for a fraction of the price of a pre-produced cable, stereo installation shops make some but they will charge a LOT.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the battery on drivers side would be the battery that I would want to hook up my power to for stereo ETC?
Does your SSV have an isolator betw the batteries? If so is will be a relay mounted low on the engine side of the fusebox. One of mine does, but the other doesn’t have that relay.

if you have the isolator, then the driver side battery is a good choice. If not, either works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076