dreaded 4L60e issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DylanC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So long story short a few weeks ago my 2007 chevy tahoe lt drove just fine, shifted great just like it should it does have high miles 220K i am the second owner i purchased at 150K from a used dealer ship i do not know if it still has the original transmission in it or not. But with that said woke up one morning and did not have OD or 3rd gear, I did have 1,2,N,R how ever. The fluid doesn't smelt burnt and isnt to terribly dark still has a red look to it but out of no where i lost OD & 3rd when day prior it worked just fine.

With that said i did a little bit of digging and found in 2nd gear if i get above 30 i could manually shift into 3rd and it would catch just fine and cruise 60mph @1900rpm just as it should.

So i removed the trans fuse, and now can start the truck in 3rd and runs just fine, i know i should drive it around like this but its my wifes truck, But is still do not have OD it does have high miles and yeah prob does need rebuilt at this point.

But do you guys think it needs a full rebuild or? everyone around the area wants at least 2K to rebuild

just looking for advice.

//Update i put the 15a fuse back into the fuse box, and this time around i have 3rd gear still just no D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076

Latest posts