Double Din Touch screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Ma

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a Double Din HU with blue tooth, back up camera, DVD ,etc that DOES NOT require cutting the bracket out of the dash AND is relatively inexpensive ?? I already have the PAC harness , just looking for a decent HU ..

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Dvd drive is what makes you cut the bracket no matter what. Dvd is a old way of movie watching anyway. Get an app radio with no dvd/cd drive and use SD cards and usb to watch flicks.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Same brands....pioneer , alpine, kenwood, exc. I haven't done any research yet myself. I do want to get rid of my current double din cd/dvd player. I gave away all my cds to a homeless guy years ago and all my dvd movies come with digital copies. The age of the cd is over :death:

Aaron_L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had two different double din head units in my '02 Suburban and I've never cut any bracket out. Both have had disc players. I currently have the Kenwood DDX573BH in there. It's not a high end unit by any means, but it gets the job done.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my 2006 oem nav unit with a clarion double din. No cutting the bracket on mine. It fit right in. Its a good unit, nav, bluetooth, backup cam, satellite radio.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
00-02 need to cut bracket. 03-06 no cutting

OP
OP
Mr Ma

Mr Ma

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What are the dimensions of the stock Double din stereo..I have the Bose without Nav, blah, blah.. Depth being the most important.. I would believe. the rest of the double din is pretty much standard ..Yes ? no ? Dont want to start and have to stop, etc..

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I had to rip out my bracket in my 03 for my dd Pioneer. Wouldn't fit with it.
I cut mine just to make room for the wires. But fit other than that. Did the same to my 05 silverado

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard A