Double Din HU Recommendations for 2000 NBS Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AH64Medic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I bought a small sub set up to mount in the cargo area and my new Rockford Fosgate 6.5"s (x4) arrived yesterday (but since I'm on base and the "mail lady" is sick there's no telling when I can actually pick them up) I am now looking for a nice double din head unit. I've looking at some by JVC, Pioneer and Kenwood and need some recommendations. I really want Bluetooth and rear camera input and I read on one model (can't remember which) that it can play DVDs on a separate rear screen and still play the radio up front. Apps would be cool too. Also I like the bigger 7" screen but not sure if I want one that is motorized and flips down for the CDs. Just thinking one more thing to break. I'd really like to keep the cost under $300. I'm mounting it in a 2000 NBS Suburban and I already have a 2003 dash bezel and radio cradle (I already modified the cradle to fit) and will also need a wiring harness and mounting Kit. There are several on Amazon, the ones that come to mind are made by Scosche? And Metra. The reviews seem to lean away from the Metra brand. So if you have any recommendations please let me know. Thanks.

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For your price range. Check out Pioneer.

wyokaboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
JVC is Kenwood in plain wrapper. Good products. But I too would go with the pioneers.

coolchuck

maybe Escalade bound?
Reaction score
+1. You can get a nice Pioneer in your price range. You may have to spend a little more for dual zone..."play DVDs on a separate rear screen and still play the radio up front."
I have a PAC audio harness. It integrates well but craps out from time to time giving me all tyes of warnings on my DIC. I'm about to switch it out; maybe I just got a bad one.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+2 on the Pioneer Double din. You can get nice dvd set up ready for back up camera and other add ons for the 300 price range.
Check Amazon or Sonicelectronix.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts