Don't like GMT800 side view mirrors. What about GMT400, or GMTK2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Won't be towing, no need for tall winged / telescoping side mirrors.
(If I tow ONCE, I'll buy the ones that strap-on to the doors and resell them after.)
Prefer '90s GMT side view mirrors, as well as rectangular ones on GMTK2 trucks / SUVs from a few years ago.
In case it matters, my side view mirrors have defrosters & puddle lamps, don't need anything more.
Am I stuck with what I have now?

(My bad y'all. PLEASE relocate this thread to the GMT800 area. Thanks.)

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen photos of a couple of GMT800 pickups with GMT400 side view mirrors on them. It’s possible but I’m not sure what work would be required to make them fit. I would think it would take some fabrication work since the contours of the doors between the two generations is different. the mirrors themselves aren’t contoured similarly either so I would also think some fabrication on the mirror itself would be necessary as well. I would also assume that the 400 mirror would need a custom made wire harness to match up to the 800’s mirror harness as they wont be plug and play. Or you’d need to cut and splice the harnesses together in a sort of Frankenstein fashion to get it to work.

OP
OP
M

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I've bigger fish to fry with higher priority than to try to figure out how to join the GMTK2 outer mirror housing and glass to the fixture that connects to the body and swings the mirror housing in & out.
(Silvierrado is larger than Suburban, but they both have a convex outer upper corner that I want very badly)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission