Dome light and mirror controls not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HondaknightRR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ive checked the fuses and they are all good so i know its a wireing issue, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions where to start at?

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

To be more specific with the problem, none of the lights work in the tahoe. The dash lights work, but none of the overheads do. Also the mirror controls dont work at all.

OP
OP
H

HondaknightRR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its a 97 2 dr LT Z71. Well, the dome lights and navigation lights don't come on when i enter the car or when i press the button to turn them on. So at night i can never see anything except what is lit up by my dash. Then the mirror switch and movement controls just dont work at all. I was thinking that maybe they are connected to the same problem. The trailer light set up looks a litle butched up. so maybe that could have something to do with it? bad grounding there? but i honestly have no idea where to start looking.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Maybe I'm lost a little bit but navigation lights? I will assume you mean exterior park/marker lamps.

The first thing that comes to mind is **** fuse #7 under the hood it supplies fuses #3-9-15 which cover drl,functions, fogs, curtousey items(power mirrors), parking lamps and one other I have not identified yet.

Are you good with a multimeter

OP
OP
H

HondaknightRR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My dad is good with a multi meter and i am some what fluent so he will help me out there. By nav lights i mean the ones directly above the center of the dash on my overhead console. They were referred to as Nav lights in my other car so i don't really know if thats what they are called im my hoe. Thanks for the advice i will check thhat fuse out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz