Does the 2023 5.3L come with auto start/stop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrucksNStuff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I built a 2022 Tahoe online and it had multiple features missing such as heated seats, steering lock, and parking assist. It also said somewhere (can’t remember where either on GMs site or forums somewhere) that the 5.3L engine in 2022 didn’t come with auto start/stop due to chip shortage. Has this been changed or resolved for 2023? I don’t see any missing features when I build a 2023 online and the window stickers of in transit 2023s show no missing features and say auto start/stop right in the sticker.

dancastro

Reaction score
Word on the street is they never deleted this function from the SUV's, only the PU's. My '22 Yukon built on 7/9/22 has auto start/stop

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
There was a short period of time they removed these on the '22 5.3 and 6.2 engines, but not the diesels.

elkdaddy70

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes - took delivery of mine 2 weeks ago - has auto stop & start… for the record - I hate it!

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put a little post it note above the shifter buttons, that says "AUTO", as a reminder to myself to turn off auto stop every time I start the engine, before I put it in gear.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate it also. Had the shop mechanic install one of the AutoStop Eliminator. Never have to hit the button again. There are cheaper ones on Amazon, but I was told by the person who turned me onto the AutoStop Eliminator who has it on his 21, not to bother with the cheap stuff they are glitchy after a few months. AutoStopEliminator