Disappointing Winter with Tahoe 2015 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneangrymo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I loved my Tahoe when I first got it in Spring, but since Winter the following problems:

1) outdoor air comes in! Smells bad especially when behind trucks. No matter if recirculation is on or not. I told my dealer this they said everything is ok. Just this am, turning the circulation button on and off does nothing , I think the vent is defective or something

2) Lots of weird squeaking noises from the rear passenger seat and steering wheel

3) automatic heated seats with remote start does nothing, even tho I have it on from the menu. It doesn't turn on like expected

Overall, doesn't feel to be a well made vehicle. Its only got 15,000 miles. I dont think I will get another one when this lease ends. Anyone have any ideas about above?

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few people who have reported that the steering columns got replaced. There could be a bolt or 2 loose on the rear seat. Check your weather stripping around the doors. Maybe they need to be pushed up.
If you are looking for the switch to light up on the heated seats, when you use the remote, I don't think they are supposed to..

Denada

Reaction score
#1 I just hit the top vent button and it stops the outside air. Weird I agree.

#3 Also the same for me. Doesn't come on despite selected in menu.

Kansas Eagle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The seat heaters are coming on....but here is the problem: The seat heater lights do NOT come on when remote started but the seat heaters are actually turning on....at their LOWEST level. Then, the seat heaters go back off when you touch the on/off button. So, the feature is basically worthless.

I had my truck in for tire replacement and had them check this....I thought mine were broke as well. The dealer actually called GM in detroit while I was there and they pointed him to the tech write up on their computer system to show me.

OP
OP
O

oneangrymo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just took my car for 3 hours on the highway. All sorts of smells come into the cabin, to me its exhaust . Doesn't matter what settings its on. I took it to dealer they looked into it, nothing. I even replaced the in cabin filter.. no changes. I think this is dangerous. Im going to get a carbon monoxide device and measure the level in the cabin. I kind of think this car is a lemon.

isellpower

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just took my car for 3 hours on the highway. All sorts of smells come into the cabin, to me its exhaust . Doesn't matter what settings its on. I took it to dealer they looked into it, nothing. I even replaced the in cabin filter.. no changes. I think this is dangerous. Im going to get a carbon monoxide device and measure the level in the cabin. I kind of think this car is a lemon.

Wouldn't that mean driving with the windows down is also dangerous?

OP
OP
O

oneangrymo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not if the exhaust is coming directly from the tahoe engine into the cabin. Just to make everyone clear I have had 4runners, BMW x5, Nissan Armada, Cadillac SRX and Lexus GX, none of these have ever, ever had any of the smell issues i am dealing with this brand new Tahoe.

Reaction score
As far as outside smells, that seems to be something all of the "new generation" (2014+) GM models have. My wife has a '14 Impala which does the same. No matter if its on recirculate or not.

I've heard of people with new Silverados and Sierras with the same complaint, and were told by the dealership that this is by design - saying that if no outside air were let in, with as tight as the cabins are sealed, CO2 levels would build up and the driver would pass out. Something tells me their full of it...they know it's a problem, but won't address it.

OP
OP
O

oneangrymo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The weird thing is I didn't even notice this problem until Fall/Winter started. I also thought maybe the issue was because during Winter I use Auto for all wheel drive. But switching that didn't seem to make any difference. The other weird thing is if I set it to 67 degrees, it blows out cold air, if I got to 68 it blows out extremely hot air? What gives!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700