DIC and lower console button back lights not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txbandit44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have a new to me 2012 Yukon xl Denali with 145k on it. The DIC buttons to the right of the cluster and the Pedal adj / park asst / traction control buttons do not light up at night like all the other buttons in the truck. Has anyone ran into this? Are they supposed to light up? Shouldn't the park asst / traction control buttons have an amber status light on them when deactivated? All the buttons buttons in the truck function when pressed just no back lights or status indicators on these buttons. I have not noticed any flickering on the button back lights that are working that would lead me to a loose ground. I find it odd that its the back lights on the DIC buttons and this lower button panel only. Also as far as I can tell this truck is all factory.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have a new to me 2012 Yukon xl Denali with 145k on it. The DIC buttons to the right of the cluster and the Pedal adj / park asst / traction control buttons do not light up at night like all the other buttons in the truck. Has anyone ran into this? Are they supposed to light up? Shouldn't the park asst / traction control buttons have an amber status light on them when deactivated? All the buttons buttons in the truck function when pressed just no back lights or status indicators on these buttons. I have not noticed any flickering on the button back lights that are working that would lead me to a loose ground. I find it odd that its the back lights on the DIC buttons and this lower button panel only. Also as far as I can tell this truck is all factory.
the bulbs burn out pretty common, easiest fix is to just buy a used replacement switch off ebay or from the junk yard
if you are skilled enough at soldering you can buy the bulbs and take them all apart and solder on new bulbs and put them back together again

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Wes said! ^^^^

It is currently more cost effective and certainly less time consuming to just replace them rather than replace the bulbs. I save the old ones for when parts dry up and it makes sense to replace the bulbs!

OP
OP
T

txbandit44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so just drove it to diner and back I had light on both panels going there and looked to verify they where still on when I exited the truck. Come back out start the truck and they are not working again.

Are the steering wheel controls and the brake controller supposed to light up? I know for sure the steering wheel has not.

OP
OP
T

txbandit44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well more to add. Wife got a Service Trailer Brake system message. Starting to feel like I got a ground issue and this was a bad purchase.

OP
OP
T

txbandit44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the voltage range should be on the circuit circled in red? What i have circled in blue are the button modules that work but dont illuminate. I can adjust the dimmer switch and I get .336v to 2.6v.

Attachments

• yukon lights out.PNG
    yukon lights out.PNG
    176.5 KB · Views: 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk